Re: We dont hate you. Cheer up girl.. Nov 08, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote::D :) :) :D :D

Asc_26..

yes and iam sure yorky will love the fame too :lol:
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 08, 2006
It's ok. I will get over it. At least now, i know who's stalking at me. :roll:

Plus threatening pm messages. well i have to accept that some are not sport enough. So, it's ok St. Lucy, i will get over it. Thanks!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 08, 2006
asc_26 wrote:It's ok. I will get over it. At least now, i know who's stalking at me. :roll:

What.... :shock: :!: :shock:

:tears open his pocket to take the mobile n check the call records:
:realizes, his only proof of innocence, the cell phone is stolen:
:Goes to find out a hiding / praying house :

Hope its not me.. I'm a weak hearted man.. not again... :( :((

;)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 08, 2006
Stalking? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 08, 2006
Why was the Yorky thread locked?

Should I assume it is to shut us women up when s.e.x.u.a.l.l.y inappropriate avatars/signatures are posted and we want to complain?

Yorky's avatars suck. They show women as s.e.x objects, which is inappropriate, especially on a mixed forum in a Muslim country.

As far as I am concerned, the apathy towards his avatars from other men, especially the Muslim ones here who have no problems harping on about how women are treated like jewels according to the Quran, as well as the moderators who are supposed to be making sure this is a friendly environment for both men and women - is completely frustrating.

Threads are easily locked and deleted on any moderator's whim, but hey - images that show s.e.x.u.a.l objectification of women is funny and cool, so of course it is allowed to stay :evil:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 08, 2006
Kanelli, have you figured out yet that he's specifically doing it to annoy you?

Posts like this only encourage him.
^ian^

Nov 08, 2006
It is sad to know that some guys are ok with that and will even sent threatening pms. When you react, they will say your thread is pointless and better to go romance forum etc..etc.. as if they don't have woman in their life or mother perhaps.

When you're posting a worth discussing thread, they will say this and that...and that you're targeting this and that..

Some they forgot that this is a public forum and not all adults are accessing this forum. I mean at least have some decency.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 08, 2006
While they are meant to annoy me, they are also annoying other women. Yorky needs to get some class like the rest of the male forum members have who have never even considered putting a smutty avatar up because they actually know how to be socially appropriate on a public forum. I'd also dare to say they have a better sense of humour because it involves a little more sophistication than posting smutty pics to get a reaction out of people.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 08, 2006
Babe.....I got you Babe.......I got you Babe ;) ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
I didnt see anyone encouraging him on the avatars.. and actually no one attacked asc as well..atleast not in a serious manner...
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 08, 2006
kanelli wrote:Why was the Yorky thread locked?

Should I assume it is to shut us women up when s.e.x.u.a.l.l.y inappropriate avatars/signatures are posted and we want to complain?

kanelli i am new here but active on other forums and one guy had a pole dancer as an avatar... i tend to agree with you if the forums are intended to be unis3x and non-discriminatory.... if the forums are male-oriented like FHM readers then maybe its acceptable but on a forum like this, tend to agree with you.
You have my support on this one... (if that means anything). :)

note also that you cannot write the word UNIS3X it changes to the word fun, but people can have avatars with s3xual innuendos....
island_sands
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 08, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:I didnt see anyone encouraging him on the avatars.. and actually no one attacked asc as well..least not in a serious manner...

Nope, and if she's getting annoying PMs then she should PM a moderator to deal with it swiftly, not come in here waving the japanese flag.
^ian^

Nov 08, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:I didnt see anyone encouraging him on the avatars.. and actually no one attacked asc as well..atleast not in a serious manner...

They won't attacked in public forum, but what the threatening PMs and messages from stalkers mean? as if they're the only righteous person on earth.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 08, 2006
asc_26 wrote:It is sad to know that some guys are ok with that and will even sent threatening pms. When you react, they will say your thread is pointless and better to go romance forum etc..etc.. as if they don't have woman in their life or mother perhaps.

When you're posting a worth discussing thread, they will say this and that...and that you're targeting this and that..

Some they forgot that this is a public forum and not all adults are accessing this forum. I mean at least have some decency.

If u get threatening PMs' the best thing to do is to report it to mods, say if u dont trust any male mods, report to the ladies or the Man the master.. Andyba. And it should not be left at it. Coz yes we all agree that it is a public forum.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 08, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:I didnt see anyone encouraging him on the avatars.. and actually no one attacked asc as well..atleast not in a serious manner...

Either we hear "Don't complain in public, just send him a PM" or "Oh, it is only for a laugh." or "Free speech man!" or just plain old silence which can also mean acceptance of the inappropriate avatars.

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=8586 - In Fight Club, so only those with access can read it, sorry.

This is the thread where it all started.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 08, 2006
island_sands wrote:
kanelli wrote:Why was the Yorky thread locked?

kanelli i am new here but active on other forums and one guy had a pole dancer as an avatar... i tend to agree with you if the forums are intended to be unis3x and non-discriminatory.... if the forums are male-oriented like FHM readers then maybe its acceptable but on a forum like this, tend to agree with you.
You have my support on this one... (if that means anything). :)

note also that you cannot write the word UNIS3X it changes to the word fun, but people can have avatars with s3xual innuendos....

Thank you, I really appreciate it. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 08, 2006
K, thats a real long thread...

but hmmm i'd like to take it like this... its a society, u dont find all good people.. If u are expecting it to be a perfect place.. its just wrong. There will b lunatics, maniacs or feeble hearted people along with a huge crowd of normal ppl.. While its always better if things had been all good.. but i would really not mind cartoons like nicks' . just my view.. and its only abt that long thread.... which i still have to go through..

But what Asc has raised is a serious issue indeed if it is something real, coz u must b knowing y i'm very very cautious abt the stalkin thing..

and as for yorky's avatar.. I think it sucks, coz its just sleaze. no value whatsoever.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 08, 2006
Well, the last half of the thread is a few forum members flirting with each other, so only half the thread is on topic.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 08, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:K, thats a real long thread...

but hmmm i'd like to take it like this... its a society, u dont find all good people.. If u are expecting it to be a perfect place.. its just wrong. There will b lunatics, maniacs or feeble hearted people along with a huge crowd of normal ppl.. While its always better if things had been all good.. but i would really not mind cartoons like nicks' . just my view.. and its only abt that long thread.... which i still have to go through..

It can be a perfect place if there is law and order in place. I disagree with your argument, because if you think this is not a perfect world and everything should be left alone, because there is all kind of people, then it is true to say there are a lot of serial killers paedophiles we just have to accept them and let them do what they want!!!! There is law which control society, like wise we should have strict rules about the avatars in this forum!! Simple.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 08, 2006
Exactly Sara, thank you! :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 08, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:I didnt see anyone encouraging him on the avatars.. and actually no one attacked asc as well..least not in a serious manner...

Nope, and if she's getting annoying PMs then she should PM a moderator to deal with it swiftly, not come in here waving the japanese flag.

I did and that's the very reason why i've requested the mod to delete the thread. I'd rather rest my case than continue stressing my point to people aren't sport enough.

And it isn't nice to know that people in the forum are arguing because of an offensive avatar. If you're a guest in a public forum, what will be your impression? and considering we're in a muslim country.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 08, 2006
It's pointless also to argue because some would bring points from other threads and even taken from other forums. what's the point of getting those stuff from other threads and forums? TO INSULT YOU. So sad and they consider themselves to be good and well mannered.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 08, 2006
Who knows, maybe Yorky is laughing right now - enjoying the fray. Too bad he has exhausted this source of fun. We'll have to wait and see what he comes up with next to amuse himself.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 09, 2006
On making this a perfect place.,
I said I'm in favour of that, and I never mentioed that I like it this way. But the serial killer example .. well i think ..is just a bit unsound. Its more like ..pervert. Its an open forum and i agree that people should behave in an appropriate manner, but it shouldnt mean that the thoughts of the right and wrong, the decision of Correct or wrong should come from the individual. Otherwise it will just be enforcing someone else's opinion on him/her, which is just another way of curbing the freedom of expression. I hate bad the use of words and swearing. I think that its wrong and it must be stopped, but I dont hate people for that, on the positive side I see that there are lots of normal ppl, and seing that even the abnormal ones would follow.
Nothing wrong in voicing, everyone's openion but it shouldnt be made a big issue, that the person's ego is hurt and that'll force him to fall down to an even more rotten state.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:

Either we hear "Don't complain in public, just send him a PM" or "Oh, it is only for a laugh." or "Free speech man!" or just plain old silence which can also mean acceptance of the inappropriate avatars.

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=8586 - In Fight Club, so only those with access can read it, sorry.

This is the thread where it all started.

whew! Glad went back to my initial avatar :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
I cannot be indifferent this time.

I have to say that I really dont find Yorky's avatar/s as funny - I find it offensive for us women.

It is a matter of respect.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 09, 2006
weary_heart wrote:I cannot be indifferent this time.

I have to say that I really dont find Yorky's avatar/s as funny - I find it offensive for us women.

Yes you are quite correct.

But as an "Art Lover", I find your Mona Lisa offensive too :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 09, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

So would some find your avatar "offensive" S&O think about it!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
Concord wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

So would some find your avatar "offensive" S&O think about it!

But why???, it's an actual photo of me!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat