We Dont Hate You. Cheer Up Girl..

Topic locked
Nov 09, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
yorky500 wrote:
weary_heart wrote:Men are avoiding the actual subject simply because what women are saying are absolutely true!

I have and did not take offence to what she said in the first place. In fact, i did not even know what she said/posted, but we have cleared it up privately.

So, you can now drop the subject.

Honestly this is the biggest joke of the week and I cannot believe the way people have reacted. And even I have been accused of being a Nismo and being in support of your avatar... ridiculous.. all because I didn't join the Mary Whitehouse brigade and make a big song and dance.

God only knows what was said in the ladies forum

hahahahahahahahaaaaa I'm lovin it.. Actually are u and nismo the same..? heheheh I knew the day when the ladies forum was found that things are gonna change man .. n look at it.. :D

And Sagey .. I'm going to taliban for an eye checkup, care joining? :)

And ladies common, we arent that bad as u sound... moreover who is diverting from the topic... we've always supported u.

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 09, 2006
With that Avatar you need to go to TA M8
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 09, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:Actually are u and nismo the same..?

No but I did impersonate another fruitcake once. :wink:
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 09, 2006
sage & onion wrote:With that Avatar you need to go to TA M8

:) I understand your fears sagey.. :D. I dropped my plans :)

K the whole purpose of this thread was just to make asc feel better.. and i hope it didnt make her feel bad..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 09, 2006
freza wrote:sage,

Can you for once act your age and stop playing your endless games and un-funny jokes? What sara just stated does not deserve your derision.

Can you please do like everyone else here and use the forums to actually BLOW OFF some steam instead of getting more stress in your life?? Sorry for sounding a little agressive here but I really find all this quite sad. If you ppl had managed to find the right tone when talking to me (back when I first put on my avatar) and now Yorky I would've changed it in an instant. The thing is we never considered it to be a great deal. It's just part of being a part of the forums and having fun. I won't comment again the fact that you still consider this 100x100 pixel picture to fully depict the way I treat/consider women.

How hard is it to send a PM to someone asking him politely to change his avatar because some people have been offended by it. Instead we make it public, and start making a full psychological profile of individuals based on ONE tiny picture. What are you ppl trying to do? Create conflicts in the forums? If you manage to piss off those individuals, will you be happy then? You're the ones comparing the forums to a society, is this your idea of society?
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 09, 2006
Nick81 wrote:start making a full psychological profile of individuals based on ONE tiny picture.

You should go to the Romance section and see what profile they made of someone from a single SMS!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
^ian^

Nov 09, 2006
sara_uk wrote:sage :shock: :shock:

Sara,

Sorry if I offended you, was just joking.

Freza,

Who asked you :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 09, 2006
Actually, months ago I did pm and politely give my opinion about the avatar. You then went public on the forum asking everyone else whether they found your avatar offensive or not.

So - damned if you pm, damned if you don't. It all ends up in a thread somewhere anyhow! :lol:

Asking for a little respect for women in choice of forum avatar doesn't add any stress to my life, it takes only a few minutes here and there to deal with the issue.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 09, 2006

Can you for once act your age and stop playing your endless games and un-funny jokes? What sara just stated does not deserve your derision.

hey hey hey.....

sage is my mine man dude, dont be haten aight
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
I wonder.. ,We'll have to ask all the TV channels to stop broadcasting.
I'm going straight to that shop in Kaleej centre where they've a poster showing a man with bare chest n low waist jean.. men are not objects to be drooled upon...
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:Actually, months ago I did pm and politely give my opinion about the avatar. You then went public on the forum asking everyone else whether they found your avatar offensive or not.

So - damned if you pm, damned if you don't. It all ends up in a thread somewhere anyhow! :lol:

Asking for a little respect for women in choice of forum avatar doesn't add any stress to my life, it takes only a few minutes here and there to deal with the issue.

Um my post wasn't directed at you and yes you did PM me. The only thing that pissed me at the time is that I got PM'd by 2-3 ppl on the very same day. But again, like I said, there is a way to talk to people. And some of the PMs I got were far from being "nice".
Nick81

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:Actually, months ago I did pm and politely give my opinion about the avatar. You then went public on the forum asking everyone else whether they found your avatar offensive or not.

your such an awesome dude, i really wanna meet you dude.....
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

Sara,

Freza,

sage only you never offend me, because i know you have red heart :wink:
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 09, 2006
Bleakus, thanks :oops:

Nick I know you weren't talking to me, but I wanted to post anyway because I thought it was still relevant.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 09, 2006
Does this include female posters who have females that could be construed as provocative in their avatars?
^ian^

Nov 09, 2006
Nick81 wrote:

Can you please do like everyone else here and use the forums to actually BLOW OFF some steam instead of getting more stress in your life?? Sorry for sounding a little agressive here but I really find all this quite sad. If you ppl had managed to find the right tone when talking to me (back when I first put on my avatar) and now Yorky I would've changed it in an instant. The thing is we never considered it to be a great deal. It's just part of being a part of the forums and having fun. I won't comment again the fact that you still consider this 100x100 pixel picture to fully depict the way I treat/consider women.

How hard is it to send a PM to someone asking him politely to change his avatar because some people have been offended by it. Instead we make it public, and start making a full psychological profile of individuals based on ONE tiny picture. What are you ppl trying to do? Create conflicts in the forums? If you manage to piss off those individuals, will you be happy then? You're the ones comparing the forums to a society, is this your idea of society?

Nick, this was NOT meant for you, it was meant for sage, you see the name sage up there, ok, yeah it was meant for him in response to his (bad) joke about something serious that sarauk wrote:
sage & onion wrote:You gonna take your clothes down????, wow Wink

And guy, I don't get stressed-out, you obviously read me wrong. I think the one that needs to chill a lil is you.
freza
Dubai chat master

Nov 09, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Sara,

Freza,

sage only you never offend me, because i know you have red heart :wink:

Thank you :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:Bleakus, thanks :oops:

Nick I know you weren't talking to me, but I wanted to post anyway because I thought it was still relevant.

I know...

Anyway I am starting to think I should limit my involvement to the forums because some people are just pushing things too far. There's a lot I can accept but there are things that I will not tolerate. This includes exposing some of the great friends I made here to the remarks of some individuals who have nothing better to do than spread rumors and point fingers at others. Again, you all talk about how you always receive PMs from stalkers and weirdos. Well why not put it to good use and actually pm ME when you want to discuss something.

Always whining about how there are immature ppl here, trolling. Well the mature thing to do in such situations (especially when it includes forum regulars) is to contact the person directly. I don't give a crap about what's going on in that Ladies' section but I DO care about my friends, so you wanna go Gestapo? Do it with me. Bah no need to discuss this further, I contacted Chocs and 1 other person directly, so let's leave it at that.

P.S: As I told Chocs back then, I will not make any joke referring to the Ladies's section again. But I hope she and the other person I contacted forwarded my advice to all you girls. This IS a public forum whether you like it or not. You want something really private? There's MSN for that.
Nick81

Nov 09, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Anyway I am starting to think I should limit my involvement to the forums because some people are just pushing things too far.

Yup, 100% agree.
^ian^

Nov 09, 2006
freza wrote:
Nick81 wrote:

Nick, this was NOT meant for you, it was meant for sage, you see the name sage up there, ok, yeah it was meant for him in response to his (bad) joke about something serious that sarauk wrote:
sage & onion wrote:You gonna take your clothes down????, wow Wink

And guy, I don't get stressed-out, you obviously read me wrong. I think the one that needs to chill a lil is you.

And why do you think you have to comment on something that I said, that had absolutely nothing to do with you???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 09, 2006
I respect everyone's opinion.. And I do care for everyones thoughts..
but dont typify people. .. and yes if the avatars are offensive..the best way is to provide more avatar on the shelf to select from.. and dont allow the user to upload. that i think is the only way.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 09, 2006
Nick, why are you getting so sensitive about the forums? Forums are always a crazy place, especially one as big as this one. This avatar business has nothing to do with you joking about having access to the Ladies Forum somehow. That issue was dealt with days ago wasn't it?

If you and Ian want to ride off into the sunset because the forum is too irritating - go ahead. People's interest in posting on forums comes and goes. Friendships can exist offline as well.

So, all this mess starts and ends with the controversy over Yorky's smutty avatars. Want to blame me or ASC? Kiss our back bacon. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:Why are you getting so sensitive about the forums? Forums are always a crazy place, especially one as big as this one.

So, all this mess starts and ends with the controversy over Yorky's smutty avatars. Want to blame me or ASC? Kiss our back bacon. :D

Kiss your back bacon, never heard that one before :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:Why are you getting so sensitive about the forums? Forums are always a crazy place, especially one as big as this one.

back bacon.........thats a good one, never heard of it before....its awesome
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
Canadian, back bacon a.k.a peameal bacon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_bacon

But really I was telling you in my own slang to kiss our @sses. :P
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:Canadian, back bacon a.k.a peameal bacon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_bacon

But really I was telling you in my own slang to kiss our @sses. :P

oh ok, i probably because i dont eat pork :D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:Nick, why are you getting so sensitive about the forums? Forums are always a crazy place, especially one as big as this one. This avatar business has nothing to do with you joking about having access to the Ladies Forum somehow. That issue was dealt with days ago wasn't it?

If you and Ian want to ride off into the sunset because the forum is too irritating - go ahead. People's interest in posting on forums comes and goes. Friendships can exist offline as well.

I don't give a crap about the forums (in general). Don't get me wrong there!! :lol: I only care about the people I get to meet and my friends here. There are a few persons who are very good friends of mine. And I care a lot about good friends in general. This is where I start getting sensitive. So you can do whatever you want to the forums and criticize me as much as you want, just start from me before jumping to conlusions and start pointing fingers at my friends. That's the only, tiny thing I am asking. In any case, like I mentioned I will make sure my involvement in the forums do not require this to happen ever again.
Nick81

Nov 09, 2006
sage & onion wrote:And why do you think you have to comment on something that I said, that had absolutely nothing to do with you???

C'mon now, what is up with this question?? How many posts would be under your name if they only had something to do with you?

The subject is about women finding certain things offensive, so I guess I do have a right to give my own opinion, don't I?

whenever I over-post (which is rare actually, what a blessing, yeah i know..) I get these accusations, these complaints, wow, I'm kinda feeling sad now :cry:

hahaha, guys are more sensitive than they pretend to be. oh well.
freza
Dubai chat master

Re: We dont hate you. Cheer up girl.. Nov 09, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote::D :) :) :D :D

Asc_26..

St. L, This thread you've authored is meant for me and other ladies to cheer up. Isn't it? :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 09, 2006
Isnt what has been posted enough already, if someone has a problem with an avatar why not PM him and ask him/her to take it off politely?

Afterall its just a pic of 100X100 , now if i put up apic of hitman on there i dont become a hitman, lucif puts up a swastika does he become a Nazi and a jew hater? If K puts up yoda i know shes not going to turn to yoda.its just a damn pic, move on with your lifes.

And i guess people dont understand if you ask someone not to do a particular thing, the person will definately do it.

JUst let it be and close the issue.

Cheers

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat