Discussion And Blogging Culture In The Middle East

Topic locked
Discussion and Blogging Culture in the Middle East Jan 17, 2011
Hi :D
I am a Project Manager and fashion student(Part time) and blogging as hobby. I live in Dubai. I started a fashion blog a few months ago and I noticed that people in Europe are more keen on starting a discussion or leaving a comment when they are interested in a subject as opposed to the Middle East. Although I have lots of page views, people especially women don't get involved in discussions. In my opinion people loose interest in everything so quickly. I am from Middle East myself by the way.

One more thing I noticed is that people surf more when they are at work! It means that we are not working as much as we could at our workplaces. I have less views on weekends! Interesting!! :shock:

What do you think about the culture of discussion in the middle east?

Yasyas
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Discussion and Blogging Culture in the Middle East Jan 17, 2011
Yasyas wrote:What do you think about the culture of discussion in the middle east?

The word "discussion" & Middle east cannot be used in the same sentence
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Discussion And Blogging Culture In The Middle East Jan 17, 2011
Then how do you explain cafe culture in the middle east wheter it be people smoking sheesha or sipping coffee all day and night long. Wonder what they are talking about then ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Discussion And Blogging Culture In The Middle East Jan 18, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:Then how do you explain cafe culture in the middle east wheter it be people smoking sheesha or sipping coffee all day and night long. Wonder what they are talking about then ?

Would be small talk most probably
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

desertdudeshj wrote:Then how do you explain cafe culture in the middle east wheter it be people smoking sheesha or sipping coffee all day and night long. Wonder what they are talking about then ?

Western women :D
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

I know:

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, yani, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, khalas, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, yani, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, yani, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, yani, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, habibi, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah…

Same, same, tomorrow.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Maybe people don't like to express their feelings and ideas online?

What I notices with Shisha and Coffee, there is Blackberry involved as well. Nobody talks, smoking and playing with their mobiles, right?
Yasyas
Dubai Forum Guest

I can't believe how many couples and families I've seen out together and all or some of the people at the table are playing with their phones.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:I can't believe how many couples and families I've seen out together and all or some of the people at the table are playing with their phones.

Once I was playing with my phone one day I was out for lunch with my mum,(She was visiting me)she said It is a shame that people would prefer to chat with their friends on the phone than speaking with a person who is sitting in front of them. That hit me and I don't play with my phone any more unless I am sitting alone some where. I felt that I broke her heart.
Yasyas
Dubai Forum Guest

@ambassador - LMAO
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat