Different Rules?

Topic locked
different rules? Aug 09, 2007
I was chatting with one of my friends who lives in Dubai and he said there are different laws for locals and non-locals...but he wouldn't tell me what he was talking about exactly.

I know about that if your an expat you need to be a certain age to rent a car and you can only have i think one loan out at a time, at least...thats what i've been told. But what are the others?

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2007
i personally think he's just being bitter and stupid...but i could be wrong which is why i am asking.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2007
Some rent a car companies do have some policies such as age limits ... he/she should be above 20 or 22 or he/she should have atleast 6 months of license experience in U.A.E. As for the Bank loan a person can take up loan on his current account where his/her monthly salary is being deposit. You can apply for more loans (personal, car, house, etc.)depending on the Bank policies and rules but with one single current account.
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 09, 2007
so he is being stupid... i didnt think it was different for locals and non locals on these things :roll:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2007
bushra21 wrote:so he is being stupid... i didnt think it was different for locals and non locals on these things :roll:

There might be different rules for each, but hardly on those things. Your buddy chose the wrong set of "rules" to point this out.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 09, 2007
A local is capped at taking loans to 100 Times their earning. an expat is a lower. Up to the bank giving the loan but apparently there is a Dubai gov rule and if the bank lends more then this amount the gov will not get involved in the excess.

an expat can't tint a front window (apparently including front v-kool that is clear) officially, also can't tint more than 30% local I get all kinds of different answers.

Most importantly an expat can be deported.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 09, 2007
fayz wrote:A local is capped at taking loans to 100 Times their earning. an expat is a lower. Up to the bank giving the loan but apparently there is a Dubai gov rule and if the bank lends more then this amount the gov will not get involved in the excess.

an expat can't tint a front window (apparently including front v-kool that is clear) officially, also can't tint more than 30% local I get all kinds of different answers.

Most importantly an expat can be deported.

Yeah, I think the biggest fear of banks is that an expat can run away.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat