Fasting Rules?????

Topic locked
Fasting rules????? Sep 25, 2006
I am fasting today and this guy said to me to break my fast as it will not be accepted by god....

He said its because of my lip-gloss, i kissed a guy friend, and i am not dressed in a islamic way.

so is putting lipgloss wrong while you are fasting?
is it wrong to kiss ur friends?
and with the clothing thing, i tried to be as appropriate as i can be... Is wearing short sleeves wrong while u r fasting?

alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
:?
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Sep 25, 2006
Alina Kissing in general is forbidden in islam unless he is a direct family. And it would break ur fasting. Short sleeves are also forbidden a woman should be covered atleast from her neck down to her ankles.
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
so that guy was right... does that means i have to break my fast?
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
well since you didn't know and you aren't a muslim u can try it for the rest of the day.
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
i am a muslim.. but i didn't fast before thats why i am finding it quiet hard
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
alina_4u wrote:i am a muslim.. but i didn't fast before thats why i am finding it quiet hard

OK then keep on fasting. And now you know what to do tomorrow.
God Bless you :)
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
alina_4u wrote:i am a muslim.. but i didn't fast before thats why i am finding it quiet hard

:roll: :roll:
where are u originaly from alina :?:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Sep 25, 2006
ya i understand the guy thing now.... but the clothing is still hard, its hot here and what about lipgloss?
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
You could always ask parents for advice, or enquire at your local mosque.

That's what they're for.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 25, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:

u dunt ask personal question on open forums..... and u must be thinking what kind of a muslim i am. right?
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
alina_4u wrote:
Palkid7 wrote:

u dunt ask personal question on open forums..... and u must be thinking what kind of a muslim i am. right?

I'd hardly call your place of origin a personal question.

I mean, there's probably 10,000 Alinas in Tarinaki.
^ian^

Sep 25, 2006
The lip gloss not won’t break ur fast
Wearing appropriately is preferred as much as possible but it wont break ur fast either

the kissing thing yes that will..as it is forbidden even if it was not Ramadan
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
alina_4u wrote:ya i understand teh guy thing now.... but the clothing is still hard, its hot here and what about lipgloss?

I think Lipgloss would break ur fasting cuz u will bite ur lips sometimes. And you will eat it even if you don't realize it
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
thanks mema for an appropriate answer... not actin all smart like IAN
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
alina_4u wrote:
Palkid7 wrote:

Well, I am just amazed that u r a muslim and i guess u r above 18 and yet know nothing about Fasting !?!? well just check the second site i posted it can help u !!
And hey, good luck sister !!! :wink:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Sep 25, 2006
as i said before, i haven't fasted before, it's my first time and i don't see anything wrong in asking these questions.... didn't Allah say if u are unsure of something, ask others for help?
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
eating ur lips..ok that might (the action of eating ur or biting ur lips) but the gloss it self wont i'v checked
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:
alina_4u wrote:
Palkid7 wrote:

Well, I am just amazed that u r a muslim and i guess u r above 18 and yet know nothing about Fasting !?!? well just check the second site i posted it can help u !!
And hey, good luck sister !!! :wink:

com'on give her a break..
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
alina_4u wrote:thanks mema for an appropriate answer... not actin all smart n that like IAN

I instructed you to ask your parents or enquire at a local mosque. No disrespect to the knowledge of the posters here, but these are people more qualified and applicable to guide you in your faith.

It's not being smart, it's being sensible. Just because someone told you something on the interweb doesn't make it fact. Also I might add, there's contradictions on the lip-gloss thing within this post itself.
^ian^

Sep 25, 2006
sorry Ian, my bad
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006

way da go dude ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2006
:P
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
alina_4u wrote:as i said before, i haven't fasted before, it's my first time and i don't see anything wrong in asking these questions.... didn't Allah say if u are unsure of something, ask others for help?

Dear Allina do whatever you feel like doing don't let anyone tell you what you should. Do whatever you feel in ur heart is right fasting or not fasting its between you and god and for those who don't believe in god i couldn't careless religion is just a mean of communication like emails and phone etc.. between u and God so just choose the way that suites you the most.
Peace on you all ;)
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
Alina, I apply lipgloss all the time during ramadan, is bcoz I dont have a habit to lick on my lips... you have to be carefull & it depends on your intention, thats all.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat