Is Deira A Quiet Area?

Topic locked
Is Deira a quiet area? Aug 24, 2006
Hi everybody! In november I'll spend few days in Dubai and I've found a cheap hotel in Deira area. Is the zone safely to walk alone in the evening? I've lot of photographic equipment so I'm just a little bit afraid when I'm alone....and when I don't know the city...
Thanks, Roby

robbye
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 24, 2006
deira and quite :lol: :lol: those dont go together.

deira is a big area in proportions if u can let us know exactly where in deira the hotel is located can give u an idea. there are some areas which are CROWDED and some areas which are quiter as compared.

if rigga or muraqqbat they are in middle of Dubai and one of the most crowded areas.

Cheers

Jerrry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 24, 2006
:lol: :shock: :lol: ha ha ha quiet!!!?? Not on your life, it's noisy and it smells.
But if you are a guy you will be quite safe walking around, Dubai is a safe city, in Deira girls get stared at a lot.

Cheap - you get what you pay for. What are you intending to take potos of?
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 24, 2006
:oops: :oops: Sorry! With "quite" I'd like to say safely, sorry... I don't need silence or no cars in the streets... When I'll be 80 I'll look for a house on a desert island...
The hotel (Sadaf Hotel ) is in Maktoum Rd, it's cheap and in this case I've no problem if the zone is crowded.... :D
I 'm a stock photographer, so I take pictures of everything I see or can be interesting, so the hotel is only a place to sleep! :lol:
robbye
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 24, 2006
OK - but make sure not to spend all your time in Deira, go to bur dubai, jumeirah, media city end as well
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 24, 2006
yep, nobody will steal your stuff very safe here, but then again don't be careless with it either as there is a little petty crime - but hardly any muggings

plenty of stuff around there to take pictures of, just be aware and don't go and run off rolls of film on the local ladies - unless you ask permission, and they probably won't give it.

also don't hump your camera equipment around outside the airport as they get a bit testy anywhere around military or police installations
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 24, 2006
scarlet wrote::lol: :shock: :lol: ha ha ha quiet!!!?? Not on your life, it's noisy and it smells.
But if you are a guy you will be quite safe walking around, Dubai is a safe city, in Deira girls get stared at a lot.

is there any area in dubai where women dont get stared at? :lol:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 24, 2006
raidah wrote:
scarlet wrote::lol: :shock: :lol: ha ha ha quiet!!!?? Not on your life, it's noisy and it smells.

None isnt it???? Or does it depends on the women's looks? :lol:
zam

Aug 24, 2006
zam wrote:
raidah wrote:

None isnt it???? Or does it depends on the women's looks? :lol:

last year 4 girls went on vacation. 4 very very different girls. the biggest success had the one with the biggest ass. and it was big, trust me :lol:

so...not sure anybody is at safe :lol:
raidah

Aug 24, 2006
gots to love a girl with back
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 24, 2006
mmmm ....
the biggest success had the one with the biggest a#s. and it was big, trust me

seen a few of those walking around near barasti, big yellow and black chevrons on thier behinds ....
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 24, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:mmmm ....
the biggest success had the one with the biggest a#s. and it was big, trust me

seen a few of those walking around near barasti, big yellow and black chevrons on thier behinds ....

and? :lol: did they turn u on?
raidah

Aug 24, 2006
hahahaha .... NOT! you know how us fragile little spiders are!

but i swear i heard a loud beeping sound when one of them backed up ... :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 24, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:hahahaha .... NOT! you know how us fragile little spiders are!

but i swear i heard a loud beeping sound when one of them backed up ... :lol:

and what do lil fragile spiders like? grasshoppers? :lol:
raidah

Aug 24, 2006
fragile lil spiders don't post their likes and dislikes on public forums : 8) 8)
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 24, 2006
raidah wrote:

School for the blind
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 24, 2006
actually i'm trying very hard to crack 500 postings!!!!
after a year and a half i'm getting very dispondant with all these newbies posting a miriad of oneliners in a month 8)
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 24, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:fragile lil spiders don't post their likes and dislikes on public forums : 8) 8)

i was asking u about ur eating habits :P
raidah

Aug 24, 2006
i was asking u about ur eating habits

:shock: that's what i meant!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 24, 2006
"can you hear the lambs clarice" ...... :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 25, 2006
How long are u planning to spend there? I have no idea about the photographers, but for tourist, there are not many places worth of visiting. Dubai is divided into two districts, one is Deira, the other is Bur Dubai. Just let me know what kind of things u r interested in, I can give u some advices to the best of my belief. 8)
leoian2008
Dubai Forum User

Aug 25, 2006
hi leoian2008, i take pictures of everything could be used by media agency and for advertising, but I prefere buildings, modern, old and under construction. I've no problem to use taxi or buses and move for a lot of kms to take pictures, i'd like only to be safely if I 'd walking alone, especially in evening, in deira area...
Do you know where are the major areas with buildings under construction? Those are very interesting places for me...
robbye
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 25, 2006
Robby you're safer here than any other place in the world.

I've been to many places, went through some pretty nasty streets but the only place that could qualify as unsafe so far is downtown L.A. ... Now THAT was extreme. Especially when you come from Lebanon where everyone is used to walking in the streets at night, never worry about safety and all.
Nick81

Aug 25, 2006
robbye wrote:hi leoian2008, i take pictures of everything could be used by media agency and for advertising, but I prefere buildings, modern, old and under construction. I've no problem to use taxi or buses and move for a lot of kms to take pictures, i'd like only to be safely if I 'd walking alone, especially in evening, in deira area...
Do you know where are the major areas with buildings under construction? Those are very interesting places for me...

Hi!Robbye. The area from Sheikh Zayed Road to Emirates Mall will be a place where u can find many buildings under construction. And for historical memories, as u know Dubai is pretty young but u can find the old architecture during the visit to Beit Shekh Zayed and mosques. No need to mention to those modern building, as u can find them everywhere.

By the way, Deira is a very safe place, don't worry about it!
leoian2008
Dubai Forum User

Aug 25, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Robby you're safer here than any other place in the world.

I've been to many places, went through some pretty nasty streets but the only place that could qualify as unsafe so far is downtown L.A. ... Now THAT was extreme. Especially when you come from Lebanon where everyone is used to walking in the streets at night, never worry about safety and all.

I would add Lagos to that Nick (unsafe)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
Don't worry man...........Dubai is safe palce
handsum007
Dubai Forum User

Aug 28, 2006
Thanks everybody for your answers, now i'm more relaxed. I'll post some pictures as soon as possible!
Roby
robbye
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 28, 2006
robbye wrote:Thanks everybody for your answers, now i'm more relaxed. I'll post some pictures as soon as possible!
Roby

You got it Robbye.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
We are looking forward to seeing those pics...
leoian2008
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat