Christmas Day In Dubai

Topic locked
Christmas Day in Dubai Nov 11, 2008
Got family visiting over the Christmas and New Year period. Our apartment is a bit pokey for turkey and all the trimmings so any suggestions on hotels or clubs for Christmas day?

Also any suggestions for Hogmany? Can't really take my dad to an RnB club and the Irish Village has some annoying punters in at times. Anywhere like the the Irish Village but with less annoying clientiele?

FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 12, 2008
I'm in the same boat with the folks coming over for Christmas. I was thinking of having Christmas lunch at a hotel too because my apartment is a bit on the small side.

I'm thinking that all the big hotels would have a special lunch on.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2008
you guys will need to think about booking early, most hotels do xmas dinners/buffets etc
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 13, 2008
Almost all the hotels do a Christmas lunch with turkey and all the trimmings, but Arnie is right, you need to book now as they get full.

Personally, I would recommend the Cellar at the Aviation Club, next to the Irish Village but without the annoying punters. Its small and may be booked solid already.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 13, 2008
Goose is my preferred bird for Christmas. I've never liked Turkey but I've never had a wild turkey. Maybe wild turkey is tastier.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 13, 2008
puppypup wrote:Goose is my preferred bird for Christmas. I've never liked Turkey but I've never had a wild turkey. Maybe wild turkey is tastier.

It's tastier with Coke and ice!
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 17, 2008
Apart from extended 'Friday Brunch' on Christmas Day, anyone else doing anything exciting?

Anyone going away for Christmas?
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 18, 2008
I am planning to go on a deset safari.in the afternoon / evening.

Can't be doing with Christmas meal faff!
thechole
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 18, 2008
*edit*
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 18, 2008
For me a Roast Duck will do... plus a tent on sand and some whiskies, a little bit of bonfire so police will not notice you byfar.
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2008
Christmas is very near. :D I can't wait to open my presents. My tree is so cute, what about yours? I've been listening to Gene Autry, Nat King Cole, and George Michael (guilty pleasure) Christmas songs this month.

I made a gingerbread house. I've been eating chocolates from my advent calendar. I'll have panettone and hot chocolate for Christmas Eve.

I'm one of the few that seems to like mincemeat pie but I don't know if I'll bake one. I'm itching for a Dutch apple pie.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 24, 2008
Any events on Christmas? How about the malls? the streets? don't they have special events? duh! I'm afraid this christmas gets boring.
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat