What Do You Want For Christmas?

Topic locked
What do You Want For Christmas? Nov 10, 2012
Today, I was sitting pretty on my piles contemplating the intricacies of life, when my friend popped the question. She is a lady of many talents. She is a flier and owns a plane, and she is also going to teach me how to make cranberry jam from fresh cranberries!

And she asked "What would you want for Christmas?"

The question sort of had me stumped for a while. I couldn't think of anything that I really really wanted! Well, a Johnny Walker Black Label is said to be one of the 10 best whiskeys in the world, but then that's neither here nor there.

And so I was reminded of what the Greek thinker of antiquity, Socrates, once said when he found himself in the market-place and saw the shops overflowing with goodies.

He said, "I am surprised; I never realized until today that there were so many things in the world that I dont really need!"

I know it may be too early, but how about you? Is there something special that you are hoping you will get this Christmas?

Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What Do You Want For Christmas? Nov 11, 2012
A family dinner is good enoguh for me.

I have my eyes on a nice set of cups of plates...I am hoping somebody will pick up the hints. :-)
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What Do You Want For Christmas? Nov 14, 2012
I'm not that bothered about presents. It's just as well as every year I get Chanel perfume. Every year without fail. I suppose it's better than an iron or set of pans.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat