China Beats USA For Control Of Sudan's Oil

Topic locked
China Beats USA for Control of Sudan's Oil Mar 06, 2009
China backed Al-Bashir; USA armed the rebels. USA loses, gets angry so - utilising its control over the UN and ICC - wants to charge the Sudan president with crimes against humanity etc.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... cleId=5714

Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: China Beats USA for Control of Sudan's Oil Mar 06, 2009
Del wrote:China backed Al-Bashir; USA armed the rebels. USA loses, gets angry so - utilising its control over the UN and ICC - wants to charge the Sudan president with crimes against humanity etc.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... cleId=5714

I won't bother to read an article that mentions the U.S. committing 'genocide' in Iraq. I like some balance sprinkled on my journalism.

Anyway, global superpowers fighting each other over resources, what's new down the centuries....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2009
lol this is business of the Cooperation USA :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2009
wrong! the chinese bought Al-Bashir, along with a sprinkling of backing for the military. sudan sells the bulk of its oil production to the chinese the proceeds of this don't come anywhere near the local sudanese population; in effect bashir is selling off his countries resources for largely personal gain and to support his power base.

as for the warrent of arrest... no comment, but ask the thousands of sudanese who have just lost thier aid packages with the expulsion of another 12 aid agencies.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Mar 06, 2009
Correction!

Al-Bashir invited/bought-in the Chinese to gain political protection from China. Sudan agrees to sell the bulk of its oil production to China and form a defence in common interests against the genocide allegations from the US and R.o.W.

It was a long awaited move from Sudan to get China into the country. With US in severe financial emergency, the communist Chinese react when the US world influence is weakening and intervention is at its lowest probability ever. China is on a streak for commodities. With $2 trillion dollars in foreign reserves available, China is buying itself the resources for future growth.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: China Beats USA for Control of Sudan's Oil Mar 07, 2009
Del wrote:China backed Al-Bashir; USA armed the rebels. USA loses, gets angry so - utilising its control over the UN and ICC - wants to charge the Sudan president with crimes against humanity etc.

What no weapons of mass destruction this time !
desertdudeshj

Mar 07, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Correction!

Al-Bashir invited/bought-in the Chinese to gain political protection from China. Sudan agrees to sell the bulk of its oil production to China and form a defence in common interests against the genocide allegations from the US and R.o.W.

It was a long awaited move from Sudan to get China into the country. With US in severe financial emergency, the communist Chinese react when the US world influence is weakening and intervention is at its lowest probability ever. China is on a streak for commodities. With $2 trillion dollars in foreign reserves available, China is buying itself the resources for future growth.

agreed, but the chinese have been in the country for at least the last 8 to 10 years, long before the recession began. i remember hearing the locals referring to sudan as the first external province of china.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Mar 07, 2009
dbxsoul wrote:wrong! the chinese bought Al-Bashir, along with a sprinkling of backing for the military. sudan sells the bulk of its oil production to the chinese

I stated that the Chinese backed Al-Bashir - backed, bought, what's the difference?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 07, 2009
Del wrote:
dbxsoul wrote:wrong! the chinese bought Al-Bashir, along with a sprinkling of backing for the military. sudan sells the bulk of its oil production to the chinese

I stated that the Chinese backed Al-Bashir - backed, bought, what's the difference?

I agree with DBXsoul. China's presence in Sudan goes back to the beginning of this decade.

@Del: Well there is a significant difference in it, otherwise I wouldn't correct you guys on this matter, like DBXsoul did. The problem lies in politics. If China would simply step in the country at this point and buy-out Al-Bashir, the Chinese would receive significant political pressure from the human rights camp.

The point is, offering your support to a leader that commits genocide is 'not done' in politics, while being invited for trade is less of an issue. The argument would be; 'the country and its people will benefit from it', unfortunately not in the case of Al-Bashir and Sudan. See DXBsoul's argumentation.

:wink:
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat