Bye Bye UAE

Topic locked
bye bye UAE Apr 17, 2009
well I'm traveling for 2-3 weeks to the tropical beaches of Asia ... yaa yaa I know you are all going to miss me :wink:

BUT I WILL BE BACK 8)

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 17, 2009
Aha, peace at last :lol:

Where is the journey heading to?
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 18, 2009
Don't you have enough sunny beaches here that you need to go to another country ?
desertdudeshj

Apr 18, 2009
He's gone already....ahhhh the peace and quiet ;)

This is great. This is peace.... Ohhh this is Life! :lol: (leaning back in the leather seat now ;))
RobbyG

Re: bye bye UAE Apr 18, 2009
uaekid wrote:well I'm traveling for 2-3 weeks to the tropical beaches of Asia ... yaa yaa I know you are all going to miss me :wink:

BUT I WILL BE BACK 8)

Have a good time kid
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 19, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Aha, peace at last :lol:

An Asian beach, he said...

....or was that a metaphysical question?? :D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Aha, peace at last :lol:

An Asian beach, he said...

....or was that a metaphysical question?? :D :D

No, its was a sincere more precise location request.
But since he was unwilling to answer it, I just round things up and make it like he's gone already. Which he probably was at the time.

Don't you agree that this is the quiet DF life we al need? ;)

Saves me a few words an hour :lol: 8)
RobbyG

Apr 19, 2009
haha!!

To be fair he has been a bit more reasonable lately!

I think you've got a 'DF-watch' software proggie on your box that alerts you with an alarm when someone posts after you :D You have to sleep some time? :D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2009
No I'll manage with about 5 to 6 hours of sleep a day.

I'm looking to get back to my earlier dream I once threw out the window... and that is pursuing my CPL license and getting on a helicopter!
Am assessing my options of going back to study again.

Investors are welcome :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 19, 2009
:)

Nice to be free to pursue all options. Just be sure you make a decision some time in the next 5 years or so! ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2009
Speedhump wrote::)

Nice to be free to pursue all options. Just be sure you make a decision some time in the next 5 years or so! ;)

You have no idea how many applications I have standing out...

I've even applied for a junior engineering function at Formula 1 team; Scuderia Torro Rosso in Britain.

If there's no work, its better to grow and study further to get up higher in economic downturn. Sitting still is not really an option ;)
RobbyG

Apr 20, 2009
Do you know where uae kid has gone ?? ..........To Bora Bora !!!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 20, 2009
In fact Uae kid has gone to Bora Bora someone else!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 20, 2009
RedKite wrote:Do you know where uae kid has gone ?? ..........To Bora Bora !!!!

Your crossed the line boy 8)...

Owww you meant the cave system....allrighty then ;)
RobbyG

Apr 20, 2009
RobbyG,

With your command of English, why don't you advertise yourself as a Dutch translator ? You might get some work. Dubai itself could do with translating its many facilities and attractions into Dutch. If the UAE wants to market itself globally , it should translate its sites into many international languages.
There is great scope on the internet for translating all sorts of sites into all sorts of languages . That visit-dubai site is in a few languages, but I think that maybe an automatic translation service has been used. what do you think of them Robby?

By the way, I love the new pics on your Nautic site. It is looking smarter by the day. I even clicked one advert on there to read about a fantastic £799,000 boat. I wonder why that chap is selling? Been caught in the global recession maybe? A boat of that value is an expensive luxury. Not too many buyers for that in a recession. Nice to look at the pictures , though!!

Keep it up, Robby !! Tell us when you put more new pics on your Nautic blog. What do you reckon on the Dutch on visit-dubai [ with the .co.uk ending , of course !]
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 20, 2009
The Kid's gone away to a beach,
For a fortnight the Kid you won't reach!!
But the Kid will be fine !
Cos he's crossed "The Line" !!
It's........"Hello Bora, Bora ......my peach !!"
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 20, 2009
RedKite wrote:RobbyG,

With your command of English, why don't you advertise yourself as a Dutch translator ? You might get some work. Dubai itself could do with translating its many facilities and attractions into Dutch. If the UAE wants to market itself globally , it should translate its sites into many international languages.
There is great scope on the internet for translating all sorts of sites into all sorts of languages . That visit-dubai site is in a few languages, but I think that maybe an automatic translation service has been used. what do you think of them Robby?

By the way, I love the new pics on your Nautic site. It is looking smarter by the day. I even clicked one advert on there to read about a fantastic £799,000 boat. I wonder why that chap is selling? Been caught in the global recession maybe? A boat of that value is an expensive luxury. Not too many buyers for that in a recession. Nice to look at the pictures , though!!

Keep it up, Robby !! Tell us when you put more new pics on your Nautic blog. What do you reckon on the Dutch on visit-dubai [ with the .co.uk ending , of course !]

Thank you RK for blessing my site.
Soon it will be filled with more of my appetite.
But the boats on the right,
are not Ad-Ver-tight
That are the rich that can't afford another night.

I see that the Dutch translation is very decent! Keep it up.
Definately worth the visit !!! www.visit-dubai.co.uk Right?

Cheers
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat