Briton Held For Wearing A Bikini In Dubai Shopping Mall Afte

Topic locked
Re: Briton Held For Wearing A Bikini In Dubai Shopping Mall Aug 07, 2010

"But the charge was dropped when CCTV pictures from the mall exposed the Arab woman's claims as a pack of lies."

Take the rose tinted spectacles of for a moment Benwj.

benwj wrote:
The fact that the she needed to point out that she was wearing a bikini underneath the kaftan indicates to me it was a sheer kaftan. Her bikini was the focus of her defence.

What is so bad about them letting someone off without charge anyway?
The spin doctors are just peeved that the nail isn't bigger had she been charged.

The fact that she (the accused) pointed out out that she had a bikini underneath her obviously invisible Kaftan - says to you that she stripped in the Mall !!!

I have not and do not need to "spin" this - the facts are the facts, and as such they speak for themself, not I am afraid for your imagination.

viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Briton held for wearing a bikini in Dubai shopping mall Aug 07, 2010
The tourist was not wearing appropriate attire for the mall. She did make a bad judgment call to wear beach clothing out shopping. That still doesn't absolve the the local woman from making a false claim that the tourist stripped in public.

You know the local woman could have said to the tourist that her clothing is offensive and that she should respect the culture the next time she dresses for the public. However, yelling "Respect!" pointing and making a scene and calling security, especially in front of others and the tourist's child, then making a false claim about stripping to police, is completely ridiculous.

The point is to get people to dress appropriately, not have them arrested in front of their children and abuse one's power as a local.

-- Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:38 pm --

p.s. Nice pics viking_warrior :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

viking-warrior wrote:The fact that she (the accused) pointed out out that she had a bikini underneath her obviously invisible Kaftan - says to you that she stripped in the Mall !!!

I have not and do not need to "spin" this - the facts are the facts, and as such they speak for themself, not I am afraid for your imagination.

I don't need to quote a tabloid newpaper word for word and call this a fact.
Its not that difficult to imagine how it went down if you read between the lines.
1. The arab lady gets upset and starts pointing and yelling at the tourist.
2. The tourist realises that what she is wearing is upsetting the arab lady. A quick apology and exit stage left could have cooled things down, but instead the tourist defends herself by indicating that she is wearing a bikini.
3. This upsets the arab lady even more, given that being able to see the bikini through the kaftan was the thing that upset her in the first instance. She then calls security who call police etc etc etc. Whilst the tourist calls the Consulate and the Daily Mail etc etc etc.

Is it really that difficult to say "yes she was dressed inappropriately and broke the law, however the local lady acted inappropriately also, and both parties were lucky that the Dubai Public Prosecution used some common sense by not pressing any charges.
Kanelli came very close, close but sorry... no banana girl.
Blackburnrovers hit the nail on the head.
Respect is a 2 way street.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

The truth will out: and it seems the CCTV camera has been fair here.

Its obvious the woman was NOT inappropriately dressed, otherwise the judge would have thrown the book at her.

It is also obvious that the local woman was a fundamentalist and possibly a candidate as a suicide bomber and therefore should be ignored. The chances of her being charged with making false claim are slim to nil as she obviously has contacts.

I received an official complaint whilst putting on a dance entertainment show in a mall from a 'lokal' claiming he could see a girls underwear when she was dancing: bloody good eyesight when she was wearing a lycra bodysuit, tights...and trousers! Again, video of the show being taken for TV proved he was making it up.

He who shouts first, is innocent. Even if they are guilty.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Well we all arn't always that lucky to have video to back us up.
desertdudeshj

Dubai Knight wrote:The truth will out: and it seems the CCTV camera has been fair here.

Its obvious the woman was NOT inappropriately dressed, otherwise the judge would have thrown the book at her.

It is also obvious that the local woman was a fundamentalist and possibly a candidate as a suicide bomber and therefore should be ignored. The chances of her being charged with making false claim are slim to nil as she obviously has contacts.

I received an official complaint whilst putting on a dance entertainment show in a mall from a 'lokal' claiming he could see a girls underwear when she was dancing: bloody good eyesight when she was wearing a lycra bodysuit, tights...and trousers! Again, video of the show being taken for TV proved he was making it up.

He who shouts first, is innocent. Even if they are guilty.

Knight

Sounds like the lokal was getting his camel toes mixed up :lol: :lol: :lol:
benwj

I think DK got it - give that man a coconut !

If there had not been the video evidence then the book would have been nailed to her forehead, for stripping down, lathering on the baby oil and performing for the baying crowd ...

The spin machine aka EB24/7, the National et al do precisely as DK pointed out, Shout first, shout loud = truth.

Anything that comes after is ignored.

As for "apologising" to the offended lokal woman - yeah, in your dreams mate. Next time she steps off EK005 at Gatwick with her G-String dividing her hairy rear, I hope she trips over and we get it on You Tube - Karma has a funny way of coming round full circle. :bounce: :bounce:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

benwj wrote:Sounds like the lokal was getting his camel toes mixed up :lol: :lol: :lol:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Made me :lol: though
bonk

VW: I am setting up the video cam now! I wanna see that scenario...NOT!

Benwj: Power to your elbow! Made me giggle like a schoolgirl!

Fnarr! Fnarr!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Briton Held For Wearing A Bikini In Dubai Shopping Mall Aug 08, 2010
benjw, I'm giggling my backside off here! (would put the "a" word but this thread will be sent to Fight Club)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Briton held for wearing a bikini in Dubai shopping mall Aug 08, 2010
B*tch, No respect to the laws,some of these people still have thier noses stuck-up in the Air.
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Well, the local woman was quite the b*tch too, eh? The world is 50% full of b*tches, so you'll just have to cope with us uaebadoo.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Well, the local woman was quite the b*tch too, eh? The world is 50% full of b*tches, so you'll just have to cope with us uaebadoo.

I didn't know that all women were bit*hes, but that coming from a woman, I will take her word for it!!!!!

:D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Briton Held For Wearing A Bikini In Dubai Shopping Mall Aug 09, 2010
Tom Jones wrote:
kanelli wrote:Well, the local woman was quite the b*tch too, eh? The world is 50% full of b*tches, so you'll just have to cope with us uaebadoo.

I didn't know that all women were bit*hes, but that coming from a woman, I will take her word for it!!!!!

:D :D

All the ones I married were!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Briton held for wearing a bikini in Dubai shopping mall Aug 09, 2010
Life's a bitsh, then you marry one, then you die! :(
Dillon

Re: Briton Held For Wearing A Bikini In Dubai Shopping Mall Aug 10, 2010
Yep, bit$%^s and bast#$%s - we should use those instead of woman and man, no?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Briton Held For Wearing A Bikini In Dubai Shopping Mall Aug 10, 2010

i hope you are not refering your self as one of bit@es here loool
uaekid

Re: Briton Held For Wearing A Bikini In Dubai Shopping Mall Aug 11, 2010
jhbsnoopy wrote:It is simply as learn to adapt wherever you are and try to respect other's culture especially if u are in their country.

See the 'Spoiled Emirati's' thread and apply similar there please...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Briton Held For Wearing A Bikini In Dubai Shopping Mall Aug 11, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:
jhbsnoopy wrote:It is simply as learn to adapt wherever you are and try to respect other's culture especially if u are in their country.

See the 'Spoiled Emirati's' thread and apply similar there please...

Knight

Are you out of your mind DK???

You didn't know that the "Spoiled Arabs" are exempt, and most hold diplomatic passports. They don't get thrown in the slammer, like you and me, and Joe the Plumber!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Briton held for wearing a bikini in Dubai shopping mall Aug 12, 2010
herve wrote: How come arab women protest for the right to wear a burka head to toe in our countries, but object when western women want to dress like in their countries.

I STRONGLY agree with you on this point!
Although I have another POV, but generally I couldn't agree more with the concept.

herve wrote: Anyways, I am glad that for once the Brit woman won, the toetoheadburka had no rights to address her, she protested and had the courage to strip to her bikini, in the face of everybody, and she won.

That's not courage, rather dumbness.

There is no winner, I only see two idiot losers.
1) "Arab" women = NOSEY
2) "British" women = FOOLISH
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Briton held for wearing a bikini in Dubai shopping mall Aug 13, 2010
Well, we know now that it did not happen, the Brittish woman did NOT strip.
so we have:

1) "Arab" women = NOSEY & LIAR
2) "British" women = FOOLISH to travel to Dubai
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Briton held for wearing a bikini in Dubai shopping mall Aug 17, 2010
herve wrote:Well, we know now that it did not happen, the Brittish woman did NOT strip.
so we have:

1) "Arab" women = NOSEY & LIAR
2) "British" women = FOOLISH to travel to Dubai

Then I suppose there are plenty of foolish people, good luck convincing them to not travel to Dubai :shock:
How about people who are living here? How would you address them? :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Briton held for wearing a bikini in Dubai shopping mall Aug 17, 2010
Dubai is doing a good job all by itself convincing the international community that traveling to Dubai, living or investing there is dangerous. Read the news (not the local ones of course), jailed for a kiss, a 14 years girl raped and jailed for 6 months, buying a property or a car and going to jail for failing to pay an installment, the Dubai World scam of the century, doing your job and being scapegoat for incompetent and crooked local thieves, accused of striping in a mall. There are countless reasons, every day.
On the other hand where are the expats boasting the life in Dubai, trapped in between being the quite indentured worker and the denial of living in a awful place, where they have less rights than a camel, and on a temporary quick out any time visa.
Try the other way around convincing anybody to go to Dubai. There are probably 150 countries where it is better to be.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Briton held for wearing a bikini in Dubai shopping mall Aug 19, 2010

This should satisfy the sensibilities of both women.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Briton held for wearing a bikini in Dubai shopping mall Aug 19, 2010
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Briton held for wearing a bikini in Dubai shopping mall Aug 28, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:Its a shame the people who managed to get pictures of the leak in the fish tank (that also didn't happen) were not around when you most needed them!

Maybe the Arabic woman had a point if the Brit was a bloater or a babe...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

that was a good one Knight!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Briton held for wearing a bikini in Dubai shopping mall Aug 29, 2010
sniper420 wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Its a shame the people who managed to get pictures of the leak in the fish tank (that also didn't happen) were not around when you most needed them!

Maybe the Arabic woman had a point if the Brit was a bloater or a babe...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

that was a good one Knight!

Duuuuuuuuuude!!!

Where have you bin hiding????

We need the cat with the machine gun back here!

Good to hear from ya.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Briton Held For Wearing A Bikini In Dubai Shopping Mall Sep 05, 2010
Snipey!!! :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat