Dubai Mall

Topic locked
Dubai mall Nov 11, 2008
RTA made a lot of quid on friday...a lot of cars were parked on the bridge
leads to dubai mall..its just because..people here see some cars parked and
they think they can also park and get fined...

drivers beware: dont park your cars in a non parking space...

sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 11, 2008
also dont leave your car parked in the middle of the road for a few minutes while you go and get cash from the ATM or something. I saw someone do this and he got fined on the spot.

Police and muncipality ppl are coming hard on this just to earn bucks cos of the comission they get paid.
motion
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 14, 2008
motion wrote:also dont leave your car parked in the middle of the road for a few minutes while you go and get cash from the ATM or something. I saw someone do this and he got fined on the spot.

Good.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 15, 2008
Parking your car in the middle lane of the Sheikh Zayed Road while you pop into Second Cup for a double shot latte with a caramel flavour to go, will lead to a fine.

A fine 15 car pile-up or a fine set of truck tyre marks across your prostate corpse...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 15, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Parking your car in the middle lane of the Sheikh Zayed Road while you pop into Second Cup for a double shot latte with a caramel flavour to go, will lead to a fine.

A fine 15 car pile-up or a fine set of truck tyre marks across your prostate corpse...

Knight

which fine did you get?

:shock:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 16, 2008
motion wrote:Police and muncipality ppl are coming hard on this just to earn bucks cos of the comission they get paid.

The traffic wardens did this in the UK and made a mint. They also got slated for it and it stopped.
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 16, 2008
sharfraz wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Parking your car in the middle lane of the Sheikh Zayed Road while you pop into Second Cup for a double shot latte with a caramel flavour to go, will lead to a fine.

Knight

which fine did you get?

:shock:

I got a fine cup of coffee!
I park in designated parking spaces now as it is not possible to fit any more parking tickets on the back seat!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 17, 2008
My wife went yesterday when (she thought) it would be quiet. Nightmare and apart from the aqaurium not worth going yet.

She also said they look like they are going to charge for parking. Is this because of its proximity to financial centre?
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 17, 2008
they charge..I doubt that...

as far as i know the only mall they charge is Bur juman centre (bur dubai)...

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 17, 2008
seardarren wrote:My wife went yesterday when (she thought) it would be quiet. Nightmare and apart from the aqaurium not worth going yet.

She also said they look like they are going to charge for parking. Is this because of its proximity to financial centre?

Parking charge has been tried so many times, it will simply fail, nobody will pay for parking, no worries
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 18, 2008
yes, very useful
armadalake
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat