Dubai Mall Evacuated

Topic locked
Dubai Mall Evacuated Feb 25, 2010
Ooops. The aquarium sprung a leak. Of course, an official said it's not a problem.
Of course, given the shoddy building standards it's no surprise.
I hope they have a better maintenance guy than my appartment block has.....otherwise there will be a guy with a barbie lunch box come round and squeeze some sealant into the hole...job done :D

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100225/twl-dubai-mall-evacuated-after-aquarium-3fd0ae9.html

CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Dubai Mall Evacuated Feb 25, 2010
This is Dubai's fatal mistake (sadly) .. Building everything too fast, & neglecting the quality!
I hope they fix it, and learn from their mistake.

All the best to Dubai 8)
symmetric
BANNED

i wonder if all the fish came out :D dubai is becoming like a hollywood movie, I wonder whats next?? A runaway train maybe :) or maybe Indian mafia strikes or something.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

No crack yani its 'upgrade' ;) lolz
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Roadtester wrote:No crack yani its 'upgrade' ;) lolz

:lol: :lol: :lol:
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

CVB wrote:Ooops. The aquarium sprung a leak. Of course, an official said it's not a problem.
I hope they have a better maintenance guy than my appartment block has.....otherwise there will be a guy with a barbie lunch box come round and squeeze some sealant into the hole...job done :D

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100225/twl-dubai-mall-evacuated-after-aquarium-3fd0ae9.html

That would be Crudeboy. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
CVB wrote:Ooops. The aquarium sprung a leak. Of course, an official said it's not a problem.

Yep, and we just figured out that he fills cracks too... :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

:lol: :lol: :lol: the Burj Khalifa, the sinking islands, now the aquarium, Dubai is falling apart and going bankrupt, what a joke this place is.
capsicum
BANNED

Their was a small leak in the aquarium and listen to the DB's on here getting into action. Did non of you ever experience a leak or an electrical fault, come on, get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Bora Bora wrote:

and once again she mentions my name and she says she aint obsessed with me :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

and guess what the SHEEP dog aint far behind :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

sage & onion wrote:Their was a small leak in the aquarium and listen to the DB's on here getting into action. Did non of you ever experience a leak or an electrical fault, come on, get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ok Sagé, they get the benefit of the doubt :lol:

But I tell you son, there will be a monsoon in Dubai in the near future that will saturate the entire place and voilá, mark my words...it just poofffs right down the quicksand... :mrgreen:

...the End. :wink:
RobbyG

sage & onion wrote:Their was a small leak in the aquarium and listen to the DB's on here getting into action. Did non of you ever experience a leak or an electrical fault, come on, get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont think the sheeps come across a leak or an electrical fault, out there in the field :D 8)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

and guess what the SHEEP dog aint far behind :D

Just admit it RB. We got you good aight? :wink:

You received slappies left, right and center. :blob6: :boxing:
RobbyG

lol i am a tough cookie to crack, battyboy ;) You only got my monkies down your throat :D I got plenty of ammunition and dont worry i aint shooting blank :D plus its 3 sheeps against one wolf. 2 white sheeps and one brown sheep who I wouldnt mind making biryani out of ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:lol i am a tough cookie to crack, battyboy ;) You only got my monkies down your throat :D I got plenty of ammunition and dont worry i aint shooting blank :D plus its 3 sheeps against one wolf. 2 white sheeps and one brown sheep who I wouldnt mind making biryani out of ;)

But we sure cracked your cookie mate. Anyway, you can keep your Indian rice table. I'm off to get some shoarm from the lamb. With lots of garlic sauce. :tongue8:

Mind you, don't come near me afterwards because contrary to you,...I'm straight. 8) :mrgreen:

:violent1:
RobbyG

Re: Dubai Mall Evacuated Feb 26, 2010

Yes Sage, sure, but if it s such a small leak you don't evacuate the whole mall.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Small leak he said :D ...have you seen the water gushing out???

RobbyG

A small leak????????? have you seen the video, it s a disaster! they evacuate people only to cover it up. What does hurt the most Sage, that nobody takes you seriously or that you are trying to convince yourself that Dubai is not doomed? I like you Sage, you are entertaining :lol:
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

"A spokesman for Dubai Mall said: “A leakage was noticed at one of the panel joints of the Dubai Aquarium at The Dubai Mall and was immediately fixed by the aquarium’s maintenance team. The leakage did not impact the aquarium environment or the safety of the aquatic animals. The Dubai Aquarium works with international experts in aquarium management and upholds the highest safety standards in its management.”

yada, yada, yada, yada...
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

herve wrote:

A small leak????????? have you seen the video, it s a disaster! they evacuate people only to cover it up. What does hurt the most Sage, that nobody takes you seriously or that you are trying to convince yourself that Dubai is not doomed? I like you Sage, you are entertaining :lol:

I second that motion :lol:
RobbyG

gertrude wrote:

Yes Sage, sure, but if it s such a small leak you don't evacuate the whole mall.

Are you sure according to the news report Part of Dubai Mall was evacuated on Thursday after the Dubai Aquarium began to leak. (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/582391-a ... evacuation)

I also love some of the comments written afterwards;

Sensationalism
Posted by sensationalism hater, Dubai, UAE on Friday 26 February 2010 at 14:20 UAE time
It is so obvious these news sites(everyone knows which ones) are trying to sensationalize everything that happens to dubai these days... everything is because they are stupid foolish etc etc... it was a leak, it was solved... atleast this isnt like maktoob who are treating it as 9/11

Dubai's Standards
Posted by Fred on Friday 26 February 2010 at 13:38 UAE time

Is everyone missing the point? Are most people ignorant or blind? Dubai has such high standards of anything that is built here that even a leakage in a mall makes world headlines! Thousands of people died fighting in Nigeria 2 weeks ago, A huge explosion took place at the electricity plant in Bolivia, An Acquarium DID shatter in Miami, did anyone know of this? A minor leakage at Dubai mall and even Reuters/AP/AFP and what have you are talking about it. Everyone is quick to thrash or critisize Dubai on anything and everything ... Leakage! this is becoming ridiculous.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

RobbyG wrote:

Small leak he said :D ...have you seen the water gushing out???

From what has been supplied can you actually see the leakage?, the answer is no. Others have described that it was a leak in a joint, but so what, it was fixed, deal with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

One starts to wonder how a 70cm thick accrylic glass segment can displace like that. I think the building foundation is settling in the quicksand. :mrgreen:

If one is non-critical of itself, then others will swing the pendulum for you. Its the balance of life. ;)

Did you see the video Sage? Or is that too much for you...
I crashed in chuckles when I saw the vid and remembered you saying 'a small leak' while I gave you the benefit of the doubt. However, in reality you 'watered it down' to fishbowl proportions. You are like a propaganda machine mate. :P Keep spreading your bias and I will collect all your phrases and write an entertaining book about it in a few years.

That would be hilarious! I think I'll name it: "The Dubai Puppets - Diary of a Smelly Onion" :lol: :wink: :lol:
RobbyG

Well there you go - a perfect example of the standard of "structural engineers" in Dubai !!!!

I suggest that the Dubai Government pays S&O $50,000 per month to stand in front of the "slightly" damaged area to monitor the repair :) and alert us of any future problems (they will not have to pay one months salary on that contract....)

10,000,000 litres of water against a faulty glass to structure seal hahahahahaha I know what I am going to bet on !

I have had homemade fish tanks before - some quite big and it is an unavoidable fact that if you spring a leak you need to drain the tank and redo the whole thing - sticking some Hubba Bubba where you think the problem might be never seems to work

Here is some mafimatix from school to remind you of the problem

One litre of water weights one kilogram at sea level

if the tank hold 10 million litres thats 10,000,000 kilos of dead weight in the tank

if the crack is half way down the tank then you have 5,000 metric Tonnes focused on the weakest point !!
(If the leak was 1/3 of the way down then its 3,300 tonnes
if the leak was 2/3 of the way down then its 6,600 tonnes
etc etc ... )

a 747 has a max take off weight of 442,000 Kg thats 442 metric tonnes

This is not the same as a leaking bath or a short in your kitchens electrical circuit :lol:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

viking-warrior wrote:One litre of water weights one kilogram at sea level

if the tank hold 10 million litres thats 10,000,000 kilos of dead weight in the tank

if the crack is half way down the tank then you have 5,000 metric Tonnes focused on the weakest point !!
(If the leak was 1/3 of the way down then its 3,300 tonnes
if the leak was 2/3 of the way down then its 6,600 tonnes
etc etc ... )

a 747 has a max take off weight of 442,000 Kg thats 442 metric tonnes

This is not the same as a leaking bath or a short in your kitchens electrical circuit :lol:

Sounds to me Dubai is going to get the first tsunami in the largest shopping mall in the world!

Another first! Question is...at what expense :wink:

RobbyG

Surfs up in Dubai !!

I've got my surfboard waxed and packed, my ticket purchased and the Hawaiian Tropic in my luggage - Cowabunga dude (to the backing track of W-w-wipeout ..............)

:lol:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

viking-warrior wrote:Surfs up in Dubai !!

I've got my surfboard waxed and packed, my ticket purchased and the Hawaiian Tropic in my luggage - Cowabunga dude (to the backing track of W-w-wipeout ..............)

Can you imagine the Dubai media machine trying to benefit from this once-in-a-lifetime tsunami opportunity? :D

Slogan: Cowabunga Surf Experience at Dubai Mall - tickets available now!
subslogan: Get to See the first locals on a surfboard. Epic experience for all ages!

disclaimer: attendance of the event is at your own peril. Dubai carries no liability in any damages obtained by joining this event
Surfer on picture is UAEkid
RobbyG

Sub sub slogan

* Your chance to Hang Ten *

all the locals will turn up with lists of 10 Dubai Bashers that they would most want to Hang :)

I am guessing that Herve would be appearing on most lists :wink:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

I don't think that would attract much visitors. :D Lets erase that sub-sub slogan of yours.

Dubai media only focusses on rosy images. They never mention reality. Focus mate ;)
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat