Bored!

Topic locked
Bored! Jul 25, 2011
Other than malls restaurants, what do you do these days in Dubai?! It is boring.. :(

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Bored! Jul 25, 2011
Hi Mel, if you could do anything you desired, what would you do?
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Try the waterparks
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nothing like a bit of 'Maths' to keep you amused! :lol:
zonker
BANNED

bowling, cinema, games (like cards, chess, etc...), or travel to another Emarita at evening (just for change)...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Go out and make new friends.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Maybe Mel feels a bit selfconcious if she's alone in Dubai? Where's Sym?
Bethsmum

Go to the east coast. Fujairah, Khor Kalba, take a desert safari tour, check out the wadis and mountains in Hatta. Lots to do
desertdudeshj

Re: Bored! Jul 26, 2011
Thanks guys, but all those things you mentioned I dont like to them alone!
btw, Dillon I found the Marmite! I had it with no bread or anything else and it is not my cup of tea at allllll!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

You can always go to bars and stuff by yourself.
event horizon

try to pick your nose everytime you feel bored, my grandfather used to tell me that when i was a little boy lol
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

general_A wrote:try to pick your nose everytime you feel bored, my grandfather used to tell me that when i was a little boy lol

That's not very lady like for Mel general!
My mum used to say there was no such thing as bored but only a boring person (opps sorry Mel, that wasn't aimed at you!)

-- Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:16 am --

melika969 wrote:Thanks guys, but all those things you mentioned I dont like to them alone!
btw, Dillon I found the Marmite! I had it with no bread or anything else and it is not my cup of tea at allllll!

Oh you didn't stick your finger in the jar did you mel? No no no, it has to be on warm toast and you only need a scraping of it!
Bethsmum

Check the museums, bastakiya, heritage village, visit Burj Khalifa. Go to the Shj Iranian Markets etc etc
desertdudeshj

Go for a walk along the creek and get whistled at by the Pakistani workmen. :D If you're lucky you will catch one of the going to the toilet from the back of the boat, and I'm not talking wee wee!
Walk along to the Sheraton (is it the Sheraton?) and pop in for a light lunch. There is a nice English pub in there. No one will bother you in there Mel.
When you've finished your lunch, walk back along the creek and get eyed up by the Pakistani workmen. Give them a big beaming smile and make their day!
Take an abra over to the other side of the creek. There will be more Pakistanis over there too.
Enjoy!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Go for a walk along the creek and get whistled at by the Pakistani workmen. :D If you're lucky you will catch one of the going to the toilet from the back of the boat, and I'm not talking wee wee!
Walk along to the Sheraton (is it the Sheraton?) and pop in for a light lunch. There is a nice English pub in there. No one will bother you in there Mel.
When you've finished your lunch, walk back along the creek and get eyed up by the Pakistani workmen. Give them a big beaming smile and make their day!
Take an abra over to the other side of the creek. There will be more Pakistanis over there too.
Enjoy!

LOL. And don't forget to take a few pics Mel!!!!! :lol: :lol: Front and back snaps would be nice. :D Be careful on the abra Mel, the "captain" may take a detour!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Bored! Jul 27, 2011
So have they started to stamp the Nationality on peoples' backsides in Dubai now? :shock:
Thats a great innovation! Well done, Dubai!
It helps so much to know the Nationality right away, the minute the trousers come off for the morning rituals! :lol: :lol:
zonker
BANNED

I wasn't close enough to see the stamp on his bottom Zonker. The little Pakistani flag hoisted on his turd, as it floated downstream, gave it away.
Bethsmum

melika969 wrote:Other than malls restaurants, what do you do these days in Dubai?! It is boring.. :(

Akheyyy :|
Omidvouram ke man kenare tu, vale alan man tuye Das hastam, kheyliiiii dooooor ast :(

I hope you enjoyed Zaroob though :)
Agar man bargashtam a little bit early from Das, I'll let you know.
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:
melika969 wrote:Other than malls restaurants, what do you do these days in Dubai?! It is boring.. :(

Akheyyy :|
Omidvouram ke man kenare tu, vale alan man tuye Das hastam, kheyliiiii dooooor ast :(

I hope you enjoyed Zaroob though :)
Agar man bargashtam a little bit early from Das, I'll let you know.

C'mon Sym, let us all in on it!
Bethsmum

Re: Bored! Jul 28, 2011
hehehe ok guys, actualy I'm having great time in Dubai so far, thanks for the suggestions..
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:hehehe ok guys, actualy I'm having great time in Dubai so far, thanks for the suggestions..

Had a nice time tonight mel?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:I wasn't close enough to see the stamp on his bottom Zonker. The little Pakistani flag hoisted on his turd, as it floated downstream, gave it away.

And who hoisted that flag there? :shock: You dont have to strain the grey cells too much for that, I think!
Hint: The aborgine picture you posted!! :wink:
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:I wasn't close enough to see the stamp on his bottom Zonker. The little Pakistani flag hoisted on his turd, as it floated downstream, gave it away.

And who hoisted that flag there? :shock: You dont have to strain the grey cells too much for that, I think!
Hint: The aborgine picture you posted!! :wink:

Enough Zonker! I'm quite confident that I saw the bottom of a Pakistani man. Well I suppose he could have been Iraqi...or Iranian...or.. well they all look the same to me :D
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj wrote:Go to the east coast. Fujairah, Khor Kalba, take a desert safari tour, check out the wadis and mountains in Hatta. Lots to do

In this heat :shock:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Go to the east coast. Fujairah, Khor Kalba, take a desert safari tour, check out the wadis and mountains in Hatta. Lots to do

In this heat :shock:

Don't you have air con Ambassador?
Bethsmum

Hi BM, how are you? :)
Its deadly HOT here in Das Island :shock: .. and the humidity is just ahhh, feels like sauna!

I can't wait till the 8th of August, to go back to my office in Corniche Rd. AD ;)
symmetric
BANNED

Das Island, now thats one remote place. Adnoc ?
desertdudeshj

Although it has a number of good facilities, but you surely feel isolated than the outter world.
Yes, ADNOC (Abu Dhabi NON-Organized Company) :shock:
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:Hi BM, how are you? :)
Its deadly HOT here in Das Island :shock: .. and the humidity is just ahhh, feels like sauna!

I can't wait till the 8th of August, to go back to my office in Corniche Rd. AD ;)

I'm fine thank you, Sym.

I've just googled Das Island. Are you off on a jaunt again? You get more holidays that Judith Chalmers :D
Bethsmum

symmetric wrote:Although it has a number of good facilities, but you surely feel isolated than the outter world.
Yes, ADNOC (Abu Dhabi NON-Organized Company) :shock:

I had a friend, emarati fellow Umer who used to work on Das for Adnoc, finally got sick of that and left. Maybe you know him ? But this was a few years back.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat