Beaches And Distance From JW Marriott?

Topic locked
Beaches and distance from JW Marriott? Jul 06, 2006
Hello,

My wife and I are visiting Dubai for a long weekend at the end of July staying at the JW Marriott.

We have heard that it is possible to pay to use the private beaches / pool facilities of some of the Jumeirah beach hotels. Do many of the resorts provide this service and how much do they charge?

How far are the beach hotels from the JW Marriott and how much would it cost to get there in a taxi?

Thanks in advance for any help! :D

Ant.

antrichardson
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 06, 2006
JW Marriott in Diera is around 20 minute taxi ride (around 50dhs cost) from the Jumeirah Beach given that there is no traffic. You can access Jumeirah Beach Hotel beach and its 350 dhs to get in which you can use 100 dhs towards food and beverage inside.

more info at : http://www.jumeirahbeachhotel.com/
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2006
I think the rates i gave you are weekend rates and are less on weekdays check with the hotel directly.

Also if you want a cheaper alternative there is a public Jumierah beach which is only 5dhs to get in (10 dhs if you wanna get in with your car).
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 07, 2006
Thanks for the info MaaaD.

Does the entry cost allow you to use the hotel pool or just the beach facilities?

Do the majority of other beach hotels offer access to their facilities for a fee?

Cheers! :P

Ant.
antrichardson
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 07, 2006
Both Pool and beach .. Most hotels will allow you to use there beach/pool/facility for one day if you purchase a pass at the door.

And i think if you get a pass at one of the Jumeirah hotels you can go to the other beaches too (Mina Al Salam, Al Qasr, Jumeriah Beach) however i am not 100% sure about that.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 07, 2006
Mamzar Beach park is actaully a lot closer if you are just looking for a clean place to hang our by the water. I don't know the taxi price...but its about a 10-15 drive. I live right next to the Marriot and don't think you can ever make it to Jumeirah in less than 30 min (unless you want to go after 10pm)
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 07, 2006
Maaad is correct the JBH charge 350dhs each.

Most of the other hotels further along the Jumeria Beach into Soufah road charge around 100 Dhs each, these would include, the Jumeira Hilton, Sheraton, Oasis Beach etc.

JW Marriot probably have a coach service to a beach hotel to which they have an arrangement for their customers.

But if not from deira to the Jumeira Beach area will be about 50-60 Dhs depending on which end you choose.

Check with the hotel consierge about beach facilities, all the hotels on the SZR like the Fairmont and Shangri La use the Meridian Mina S on Jumerira beach and it is free to those guests to use.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat