Bank Experiences.... And Bad Experiences...

Topic locked
Bank experiences.... and Bad experiences... Dec 06, 2009
hello there...

I just want to ask you guys if you or someone you know had an experience with the bank holding up your money?

Well, what is happening to me now is that my salary was transferred Nov 23 and until now it's still not credited on my account. i kept calling the bank, customer service and even went to the branch of ADCB and the only answer they gave me is that they don't know. they told me to just ask the people incharge of transferring the money to send them proofs,etc. which they already sent to ADCB and still they're not doing anything. This is happening to both me and my other colleague.

Now, another colleague of mine also sent some money to Canada Dec. 1 and the money was not yet received til now.

With all that's happening with Dubai financially right now, they're holding up all the money, i think.

1. I was also debited with a 4 dhms salik without even passing by to any Salik.
2. Then I got charged with "Lane Changing Fine" when I was in the office the whole day.
3. Then I got charged 60 Dhms in Mall of the Emirates because they said I stayed for 2hours and 10 minutes more than 4 hours. I presented them with more than 6,000 Dhms receipt and they said I still have to pay it.
4. I asked ADCB for a bank statement and now they are charging 50 Dhms per month/page. I asked for 3 months bank salary and so I paid 150 Dhms. Why do they %$#$#%in charge a client who request a bank statement? It's crazy! before it's free.

So what's goin on, Dubai?
Everything is getting ridiculous lately.
I'm really starting to have a bad feeling about this city.

Anyone had the same or similar experience?

andrewg
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Bank experiences.... and Bad experiences... Dec 06, 2009
Well yes it is getting very silly here with the banks. And I was just talking about this recently to my wife aswell and the best reason I can come up with is crap happens because we let it happen.

People are too busy to go about and fight this and so they just pay up. I rather pay a 50 salik fine than have my registration renewal blocked and then go about trying to reverse it. So like most people I will be "forced" to pay it and then when you think about the hassle involved in tyring to get it sorted out you've lost a lot of time and money because of that little 50 dhs fine.

Yes its sucks and the all banks here are retarded
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:Well yes it is getting very silly here with the banks. And I was just talking about this recently to my wife aswell and the best reason I can come up with is crap happens because we let it happen.

People are too busy to go about and fight this and so they just pay up. I rather pay a 50 salik fine than have my registration renewal blocked and then go about trying to reverse it. So like most people I will be "forced" to pay it and then when you think about the hassle involved in tyring to get it sorted out you've lost a lot of time and money because of that little 50 dhs fine.

Yes its sucks and the all banks here are retarded

i totally agree with you, brother.
I have had past experiences fighting for your right but then in the end, you'll get beat up even more.

For the "Lane Changing Fine" thing I paid, I still complained but then their reply was: "What can we do? It's indicated in the system. if you want to complain, you need to file a complaint and it will go to the court."
First off, i got a text message that if I don't pay up the fine, they will tow my car and keep it for a month. Their tactic is simply force people to pay up and give them option to complain and yet made it obvious that you'll end up with more troubles and money, thus, the best option to avoid trouble is to pay the fine.
Simply F*%k^n unbelievable!!!
andrewg
Dubai Forums Member

Unofficial taxes.....it would be better if they just called them taxes, at least people would get something in return...
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Bank experiences.... and Bad experiences... Dec 08, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:Unofficial taxes.....it would be better if they just called them taxes, at least people would get something in return...

i agree. they broadcast to the world that the country is tax free but actually, they are taking it from other forms. A lot of people just fell into it and most of them doesn't even realise.

Still haven't got my money though. Maybe they're using it to finance dubai troubles.

One thing I notice also is that they've already debited my monthly loans in advance. so that really tells me something.
andrewg
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat