Any Employment Lawyers On The Forum?

Topic locked
any employment lawyers on the forum? Oct 11, 2007
long time no post, I hope someone can help........

I am need of an employment lawyer/someone of wisdom who can accurately answer this question:

I have two employment contracts, one which is with the free zone authority and the other directly with my employer.

there are some fundamental differences in the terms of the contract - which one is legitimate/the one that I need to conform to?

thanks.
RK

red ketchup
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 11, 2007
I’m not a lawyer by any means but I would guess that the only one that holds any clout would be the one filed with immigration.

Without trying to pry what are the differences that you are worried about are they more to do with remuneration or length of term, probation periods or anything along those lines.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 11, 2007
something i did on employment contracts a while back.. for the mst part it still hold true.

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=11239

while its a FZ contract it should conform to the same format. in our case the FZ contract is the legally binding document, whilst the contract you have with your employer is merely an agreement entered into by two parties - and is not binding under the labour law.

in essence both contracts should carry the same details, but as i pointed out in the posting, they sometimes don't and need to be checked as the time of signing!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 11, 2007
WOW RK, i thought the name rang a bell, so i looked up some of the last postings... pm me if you think i can help
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat