Another Maid Abuse Story... Employer Should Be Locked Away!

Topic locked
Sep 28, 2006
also pinoy....ive had about 3 filipino maids...and each one of them stole from me.

the same thing happened with my cousin.

now people dont go and get your panties in a bunch, im not stereotyping here and saying all filipino maids steal...just saying the last 3 i had and the last 5 my cousin had stole from us.

that sort of thing never happened with any of the maids ive had from india.

just saying my experience.

also, ive never even raised my voice on any of the people that work for me. thats what my culture taught me...to respect others who deserve it. and god, they deserve more respect than i can give them for doing what they do.

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
bushra21 wrote:also pinoy....ive had about 3 filipino maids...and each one of them stole from me.

now people dont go and get your panties in a bunch, im not stereotyping here and saying all filipino maids steal...just saying the last 3 i had and the last 5 my cousin had stole from us.

also, ive never even raised my voice on any of the people that work for me. thats what my culture taught me...to respect others who deserve it. and god, they deserve more respect than i can give them for doing what they do.

thank u bushra for "not stereotyping".. :roll:

on the second thought, i would hope that all prospective maid employers here in dubai treat all filipino maids as thieves...in this way they won't hire filipino maids anymore....i would prefer these ladies to starve back home in the philippines than be treated here poorly or discriminated against...

oh...of course i'm a filipino (obviously)....
blizzard
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 28, 2006
blizzard wrote:
bushra21 wrote:also pinoy....ive had about 3 filipino maids...and each one of them stole from me.

thank u bushra for "not generalizing"....

on the second thought, i would love that all prospective maid employers here in dubai treat all filipino maids as thieves...in this way they won't hire filipino maids anymore....i would prefer these ladies to starve back home in the philippines than be treated here poorly or discriminated against...

btw bushra they have stolen already and you are still keeping them? send them home please....

oh...of course i'm a filipino (obviously)....

well, i hope you didnt get mad at what i said...sounds like you did a bit...

as for my maids, i dont treat them poorly at all. the one that i have now does whatever the hell she wants to and she knows i dont mind. hell she goes and comes as she pleases, and wakes up and sleeps on her own schedule. when i eat, shes at the table eating with me. when i order take out, she gets the same thing as me (unless she wants something else, then we get that for her).

like i said, i repsect people who deserve it. i dont care what class they are, what car they drive, what colour their skin is, where they are from, or what language they speak.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
Ok let me get things straight, now that I have some free time....

1- K. I didn't mean to sound defensive or make my post look aggressive in any way.. I guess I had in mind the very 1st post in this topic when I replied to you. I just wanted to make it clear that a maid can be an equal person in your household, sometime even a friend. Mine frickin sent me an SMS on my birthday... That might be insignificant to some people, but for me it meant a lot.

2- YES, I do understand the point you guys are making. But I never discussed anything relating to letting the maid raise the kids, or turning the kids into lazy, irresponsible brats. My parents got a maid for the first time when my sis was born (4 yrs after me...) I don't think I turned into a brat, neither did my sis. You want to blame someone/something? Blame the parents. Not the fact of having a maid.
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 28, 2006
to bushra...

..i just don't get it why you still keep on employing filipina maids when you see them as thieves and why not maids from other countries whom you regard as better ones (for example your previous indian maids)...
blizzard
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 28, 2006
ill employ whomever i want to. thats the first thing.

second thing is i never said all filipina are theives...god damn, read what i wrote.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
bushra21 wrote:ill employ whomever i want to. thats the first thing.

second thing is i never said all filipina are theives...god damn, read what i wrote.

anyway....you said what you said and i just read and comprehended what you meant...maybe i didn't get it right....my apologies madame...
blizzard
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 28, 2006

now people dont go and get your panties in a bunch, im not stereotyping here and saying all filipino maids stealmeaning not all steal jack off...just saying the last 3 i had and the last 5 my cousin had stole from us.

also, ive never even raised my voice on any of the people that work for me. thats what my culture taught me...to respect others who deserve it. and god, they deserve more respect than i can give them for doing what they domeans i have more respect for them than i do for others if you read it correctly...all of them, not just ones from a specific country.

and dont fekin patronize me :evil:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
GO study for ur midterms BUSH! u fight alot! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
what midterms is everyone refferring to?

i have three exams im studying for.

1. history of world literature
2. spanish language exam
3. and some other stupid test thats not worth mentioning

so please, enlighten me all of you....what midterm are you guys referring to? im not in secondary school, and im not attending any university in the UAE
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
the exams u mentioned above! :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
but they are not midterms...

:roll:

*whispers* i can roll my eyes too *end whisper* :tongue3:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
watever STUDY! :x
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
MAKE ME
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
bushra21 wrote:MAKE ME

:shock:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
bushra21 wrote:but they are not midterms...

:roll:

*whispers* i can roll my eyes too *end whisper* :tongue3:

How did you get your BA in Psy when you're only 19?
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 28, 2006
I received my highschool certificate when i was around 13/14...attended university after that (around 15), got my BA when i turned 18 and came to Dubai to get majour in law but found out it wouldnt be such a wise move, psychology is a no here, so journalism was the only other choice i would take....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
Slavery never ended, did it?
kensus
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 28, 2006

How unfortunate and shameful... :? I've heard a similar story before- or maybe that was your story :wink: . Anyway, it was unfortunate that you came across the bad tomatoes. It saddens me whenever I hear bad things being commited by some of my fellow Filipinos. :cry:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 28, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:How unfortunate and shameful... :? I've heard a similar story before- or maybe that was your story :wink: . Anyway, it was unfortunate that you came across the bad tomatoes. It saddens me whenever I hear bad things being commited by some of my fellow Filipinos. :cry:

each race has a few bad apples here and there...as long as your living your life respectably thats all that should matter.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 29, 2006
Well, some interesting replies no doubt... Basically my 2 fils on it are...

Hiring a maid does not mean you are lazy or whatever. I have lived on my own in Canada for 8 years and during that time I did EVERYTHING myself. Canda is a do it yourself place, and when I say everything, I mean just about everything, from cleaning my apartment, to laundry, to washing my own car, to EVERYTHING. And it wasnt easy, but I am glad I had to do everything myself since when I did get a maid here, I appreciate what she does so much!

Getting a maid is not about being lazy.. if people could afford maids in Canada and other western countries, I think the majority of them would have one. I got mine since I manage two businesses, travel a lot, and am a regular at the gym to boot.. that really doesnt leave me much time to do stuff like clean the house (which is a big villa) and other stuff! That being said, I wouldnt leave my kids (dont have any yet :)) all the time with the maid, parents have an important role to play in the development of a child, and you cannot and should not leave it up to the maid!!

Bottom line, if having a maid makes your life a little easier and IF you can give the maid the respect she deserves and not abus her, then getting a maid is OK, no big deal. But people who abuse should just be punished and banned from getting a maid. Period.

I know there are some maids that are bad apples too, and that;s your luck if you get a bad apple. But I have generally seen that when they are treated well by their employers, you rarely have any issues. We treat our maid like part of the family and touch wood, couldnt be happier :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 29, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
pinoy1 wrote:How unfortunate and shameful... :? I've heard a similar story before- or maybe that was your story :wink: . Anyway, it was unfortunate that you came across the bad tomatoes. It saddens me whenever I hear bad things being commited by some of my fellow Filipinos. :cry:

each race has a few bad apples here and there...as long as your living your life respectably thats all that should matter.

There is no such thing as race
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 29, 2006
jag, there are plenty of people who can afford a maid in Canada, here and elsewhere - they still don't want a full-time live in maid. It is full-time live in maids that are being so poorly treated, that is what we have been talking about here - not someone who comes once a week for a couple of hours.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 29, 2006
kanelli wrote:jag, there are plenty of people who can afford a maid in Canada, here and elsewhere - they still don't want a full-time live in maid. It is full-time live in maids that are being so poorly treated, that is what we have been talking about here - not someone who comes once a week for a couple of hours.

Well, I did not come across even one household that had a full time live in maid to be honest, people there live pay check to pay check, and it doesnt leave much money for a full time maid. Part time maybe, but not full time. Again, the % of people who can afford a full time maid is very low, due to the min wages being higher as well, but there will be exceptions to this.

I too was talking about full time maids as that is what I have, and it is a shame that people mistreat them. Whether you want or need them full time or not is a personal choice, and as long as it makes life easier and happy for everyone, it is fine... It is up to you to decide the level on involvement of your maid in your daily affairs and interaction with kids etc. To each his own.
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 30, 2006
Families in Canada etc. sometimes hire au-pairs for 6 months to a year - young people from around the world to live-in and help look after the kids and do light housework.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 30, 2006
kanelli wrote:Families in Canada etc. sometimes hire au-pairs for 6 months to a year - young people from around the world to live-in and help look after the kids and do light housework.

That is very true, forgot about those guys!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat