2,000 Fine For Swearing On Facebook...

Topic locked
2,000 Fine For swearing on Facebook... Feb 14, 2011
Well if I needed another reason not to join this particularly living in Dubai here it is.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirate ... 4-1.355959

JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: 2,000 Fine For swearing on Facebook... Feb 15, 2011
That's a bit of a strange story Joe. Why would she pay the fine if she is living in Nottingham?
LOL meeting him in a JBR hotel? Why would you do that? If I had a stalker, the last thing I would do is arrange to meet him. All she had to do was delete his messages before she read them. Wierd!

I like FB. It's fantastic the way you can have an instant conversation with someone halfway across the world.

Beth has a FB page and I'm friends with most of her friends. Why random 15yr olds want to be friends with their friends mother is beyond me! At least I get to see what's going on. Some of the stuff they write is hilarious. As long as you are aware of the dangers of the internet I can't see many problems. When you see reports of kids being groomed on the internet I always think they look a bit sad to start with.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

It is a very strange story and I think the biggest lesson is....don't involve the police unless its really necessary.

I do vid chats with friends using skype or msn - the thing I don't like about facebook is how people spend hours and hours on it to let people know what they are doing, thinking, eating, etc. I mean why not meet them and if they are far away call them using msn/skype.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

JoeTGF wrote:It is a very strange story and I think the biggest lesson is....don't involve the police unless its really necessary.

I do vid chats with friends using skype or msn - the thing I don't like about facebook is how people spend hours and hours on it to let people know what they are doing, thinking, eating, etc. I mean why not meet them and if they are far away call them using msn/skype.

The eating thinking thing is more Twitter I think Joe, I don't have msn but I've seen Beth on it, it's no different to FB chat. On FB you can keep your friends updated with pictures etc.

Yes, a serious backfire for this lady with the police.
Bethsmum

Re: 2,000 Fine For swearing on Facebook... Feb 16, 2011
JoeTGF wrote:It is a very strange story and I think the biggest lesson is....don't involve the police unless its really necessary.

Wise words Joe.
I didn't think the dubai justice system could possibly turn this story around, but they have succeeded.
The police went to great lengths to set-up a sting to catch the guy with the co-operation of the woman, and then they go and fine her for telling him to get lost.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: 2,000 Fine For Swearing On Facebook... Feb 16, 2011
Because they are morons. :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

The Dubai Police aren't morons K.
Bethsmum

Re: 2,000 Fine For Swearing On Facebook... Feb 16, 2011
Hi Im a 16 year old girl from Engerland who is very lonely at night and is seeking company.

My father is the king of Jordan and will only give me an allowance of $80,000 per night, is this not cruelty to girls?

Or do I need a good spanking?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

drewpeacock wrote:Hi Im a 16 year old girl from Engerland who is very lonely at night and is seeking company.

My father is the king of Jordan and will only give me an allowance of $80,000 per night, is this not cruelty to girls?

Or do I need a good spanking?

Excellent Drew - on another forum we would be on the lookout for grooming - when do we exchange pictures?
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: 2,000 Fine For swearing on Facebook... Feb 17, 2011
benwj wrote:

Wise words Joe.
I didn't think the dubai justice system could possibly turn this story around, but they have succeeded.
The police went to great lengths to set-up a sting to catch the guy with the co-operation of the woman, and then they go and fine her for telling him to get lost.

Yep!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat