Emirates Driving Institute - Road Test - What A Joke

Topic locked
Emirates Driving Institute - Road Test - what a joke Aug 13, 2009
Road test has really became a joke, I got this local guy who wouldn't stop yelling and accusing me of doing things I did not do.

he got so nervous and accused me of not knowing how to switch lanes, (I drove in Dubai for over 9 months with my international license)

of course there is this question : how many times did you do road test before? very helpful especially knowing that you cannot complain before your fifth try !

the EDI informed me of a test on 8:30 AM, after traveling all the way from JBR to al Qusais, I had wait until 3:30 for my turn to come .

What an irony , their slogan says : "Proud to be Professional"

professional my ass.

lol

snake
Dubai Forum User

Aug 13, 2009
Do what my wife did, after umpteen tests she threatned to move to another institute. They tried their best saying things like " oh you will be put on the waiting list and dunno how long before you can start learning again, better stick with us"

But she refused all attempts by them to stay and went to demand her file back. Then they said OK tell you what just do this one last test and we will give you a special instructor and we will have someone highup take your test.

And viola after a couple of days and a test later, she had her license !

P.S : This was with Bel Hasa. Try pulling the same crap with EDI and maybe when they see $$$ walking out the front door ??????
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 15, 2009
Thanks for the tip, Heard this from many people now, I'm Going to try that today :)
snake
Dubai Forum User

Aug 25, 2009
Thanks for the tip !

PSP Homebrew games
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 26, 2009
A friend faced the same problem, she transferred to Dubai driving center after her 1st test in EDI and got her licence in first try
NoName01
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 30, 2009
Someone I know open up a file in government office 1 year ago and NOBODY calls back. When you go there they tell you why did you come we will call you.

There are some idiots in sharjah DL offices. Some people wait for 2 years. You can get degree in 2 years LOL.

Need an advice about what to do?
Which license office do you recommend?
Business International
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 30, 2009
You don't have a choice, You have to go the one where your resdidence visa was stamped. If in dubai then dubai and so on.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

undefined Jul 30, 2015
how long do i need to wait for the final road test in dubai driving center? the usual lead time and as to you experience with this institution?
montzivy
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list