Help With BMW 318

Topic locked
help with BMW 318 Nov 20, 2006
Hey guyz
i have a BMW 318i 2000 model
i want to modify my car the body and maybe the engine
i'm afraid to play with the engine cuz it's automatic gear and every thing in the engine and the gear is fine
so if some body knows people who modify BMW's for low prices please tell me and gice your openion if i have to do something for the engine or not
thank you

up_down_up
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 20, 2006
Don't ruin that car. I did low-cost body mods on my car. They turn out horrible. Just change your rims and be happy.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2006
I would also be very, very careful, the "Dubais finest" are having a huge crackdown on modified cars. Nobody is safe.

Save the monery and keep saving, then when you have enough cash, go and get the job done properly. Cheap mods may look good, but won't last and you will just be throwing your money down the drain. If its worth doing, its worth doing properly.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2006
yorky500 wrote:If its worth doing, its worth doing properly.

Problem is, it's not really worth doing :D

For the Dhs 5000 or so it would cost to get a complete spoiler kit from some German tuning firm, he could sell the 318i and use that extra 5k to get himself a used 330i to really make a killing.

I'm still suggesting rims with wider tyres. It is a worthwhile change.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2006
Well, on a 318, larger, wider rims and tyres will just make his car go slower. :lol: :lol:

its not a bad suggestion, but in another forum, I suggested that and got called a racist and a flash twat. :shock:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Well, on a 318, larger, wider rims and tyres will just make his car go slower. :lol: :lol:

its not a bad suggestion, but in another forum, I suggested that and got called a racist and a flash twat. :shock:

LOL, wut?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 21, 2006
Well, on a 318, larger, wider rims and tyres will just make his car go slower. .

right + more gas
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 21, 2006
ahamed wrote:
Well, on a 318, larger, wider rims and tyres will just make his car go slower. .

right + more gas

All true. However, he chose to buy a 318 and now he is trying to both make it faster or make it look better (aka heavier/slower). I think with small engine mods and a heavy new kit, he'll end up with the same performance as a stock 318. :D
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 21, 2006
i suggest him an engine mod.. body work is costly & risky as well..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 29, 2006
dear up and down..

my apologies for not contacting you.. can we schedule a meeting
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Re: help with BMW 318 Dec 02, 2006
up_down_up wrote:Hey guyz
i have a BMW 318i 2000 model
i want to modify my car the body and maybe the engine
i'm afraid to play with the engine cuz it's automatic gear and every thing in the engine and the gear is fine
so if some body knows people who modify BMW's for low prices please tell me and gice your openion if i have to do something for the engine or not
thank you

Dont do it man.. just let it be.. get some nice rims ;)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 21, 2006
On a 318, it is not really worth to go for any mods.

If you had a 323 or a 328, then we can start talking.

Regarding safe mods, do you're homework and start learning from real tuners abroad to figure out just how tuning an engine goes. Then you can decide to either let someone install the parts locally and you do the tuning you'reself, or risk having someone tune the car.

Honestly, i would not let anyone touch my car for tuning, since they don't even tune with a wideband or on a dyno, which is basically too risky.
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto