BMW Mechanic

Topic locked
BMW Mechanic Mar 18, 2007
Hello guys, does anyone know or recommend BMW mechanic who is familiar with 850i.
Much appreciated.

ghryu
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: BMW Mechanic Mar 27, 2007
If you can take the trouble to go to Sharjah....

Nair, Sree Auto Garage, Phone: 050-6316503

They handle ONLY BMWs and are very good.

Good Luck,

Joe
http://www.allthingsdubai.com
http://www.internetmarketingtoolsntips.com
kensus
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 28, 2007
yep they are well known, i think they have a branch in rashidya as well.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Mar 28, 2007
Location?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 28, 2007
Janu is good.........low class but good......

I always carry my trusted torque wrench after and job is done though :D
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 06, 2007
Most BMW mechanics should be able to work on any BMW including the 850.
PoshRacer
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 12, 2007
PoshRacer wrote:Most BMW mechanics should be able to work on any BMW including the 850.

You said the majic word, should..........

There are a lot of claims, everyone knows what they are doing, however, i know from experience (and even ask a few people on this forum), that they charge a lot, burn a hold in the pocket, and if they have resolved the problem, another one rises, or they never solved the problem in the first place.....
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 12, 2007
If a garage claims experience on an 850, I'd think the first question to ask them is where are the batteries. The thing has two in the trunk.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 23, 2007
Heck, even AGMC don't have a clue when it comes to fixing beemers - and they're the agents!

I turned the center console air control to cold air only and took my car in and complained that when you turn the a/c controls to 30 it would still only have freezing cold air coming from the center vents. The technician played around with the controls then spoke with the service advisor who proceeded to tell me they needed to change the evaporator unit, for 7k, and keep the car for at least a week. I asked the advisor to follow me, we grabbed the service technician, went to the car, I turned the air control back to normal and voila, the heater works.

The look on their faces were priceless.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2007
XRW-147 wrote:Heck, even AGMC don't have a clue when it comes to fixing beemers - and they're the agents!

I turned the center console air control to cold air only and took my car in and complained that when you turn the a/c controls to 30 it would still only have freezing cold air coming from the center vents. The technician played around with the controls then spoke with the service advisor who proceeded to tell me they needed to change the evaporator unit, for 7k, and keep the car for at least a week. I asked the advisor to follow me, we grabbed the service technician, went to the car, I turned the air control back to normal and voila, the heater works.

The look on their faces were priceless.

I knew someone who briefly worked at AGMC service department. They have manuals for everything, but don't touch them, choosing to do everything by guesswork. None of them can probably read anyway, judging by what I experienced at CARS garage, another "top" outfit. Prices are all rip-offs, of course.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 17, 2007
Thank you very much guys.
pls see my new post for the exhaust system.
ghryu
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto