Car Insurance

Topic locked
Car Insurance Aug 23, 2007
Is it better to get car insurance through the dealer or through a third party?

dualcitizen
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 23, 2007
I usually get it through insurance brokers, always got the best prices as they know who to deal with for every case,..
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 23, 2007
Can you recommend some brokers here in Dubai?
dualcitizen
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 25, 2007
I go direct to insurance company - ever since broker forgot to send me renewal and I drove uninsured for several months.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 26, 2007
bonk wrote:I go direct to insurance company - ever since broker forgot to send me renewal and I drove uninsured for several months.

Your car registration and the insurance expire at the same time, no one will remind you when your car registration expires, you should just know..
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 26, 2007
dualcitizen wrote:Can you recommend some brokers here in Dubai?

I usually go to www.yellowpages.ae and search for insurance broker, then just call them one by one..
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 30, 2007
hamadl wrote:no one will remind you when your car registration expires, you should just know..

My insurance company does. But yes I should know better.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 05, 2007
Hai,

I am Rukitamo. I am Newbie to here.

I think Get insurance through Dealers, this is better one.

An Insurance Company is the actual insurer where as the Insurance Broker is the company representing you with the insurance company. An insurance broker does not pay your claims. The insurance broker will have a customer service representative available to answer your questions regarding your policy and your coverage. When working with a broker you usually get more personal service. Large insurance company's have a hard time competing with the family feeling that smaller company's have. Know your agents name and number and when you need their help, they will remember you too.

Is it true...
rukitamo
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 13, 2007
A guy at work told me that car insurance over here is simply 5% of your cars value. I gues this isnt true if you have to 'shop around' for a good deal?!
Craigo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2007
I paid more - as I had no history of insurance to show the dealer and I had some extra features on the car . Insurance came to nearly 7.5% of cars value.

Next year should be less - but it can depend on your history and type of car
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 13, 2007
Craigo wrote:A guy at work told me that car insurance over here is simply 5% of your cars value. I gues this isnt true if you have to 'shop around' for a good deal?!

It is not 5% for all cars. Civics are at 4% or lower, Lumina SS is 6% to 10%. Also rates are higher if you are under 25, or choose a V6 or V8.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto