Car Insurance... Costs? Which One?

Topic locked
car insurance... costs? which one? Jul 24, 2006
Hi folks,

could anyone tell me how much a car insurance with full coverage is in Dubai? Let's say for a 2.4 Honda Accord.

Which Insurance is the best?

Thanks!

cRyotanK
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 24, 2006
most places usually work on a percentage of the car value for sedans it is usually 3.5-4.5%, SUV's 4.5-5% and sports cars upto 10%.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 25, 2006
Agree with what is said above, however, you can get further reductions if you have NCB's from your home country. For this you must have a letter stating that you have been insured with them for X years and you have had no claims etc etc etc.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 25, 2006
Hi, best bet is to check with HSBC Insurance brokers. They will give you the best rate from among a number of good Insurance companies.

Call them on 800-4560. You will only need to go there to sign and pick up the policy. Everything else can be done by phone/fax/email.

Have used them, and they even got me a super rate from AXA, which I had found to be the most expensive but with the best coverage (off-road and Oman, agency repairs etc.)

Cheers!
avkurian
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 27, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Agree with what is said above, however, you can get further reductions if you have NCB's from your home country. For this you must have a letter stating that you have been insured with them for X years and you have had no claims etc etc etc.

Hey cool, I didn't know that! I've been driving accident-free for years. Will ask my insurance for a paper but it would be in german I guess...
cRyotanK
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 27, 2006
avkurian wrote:Hi, best bet is to check with HSBC Insurance brokers. They will give you the best rate from among a number of good Insurance companies.

Call them on 800-4560. You will only need to go there to sign and pick up the policy. Everything else can be done by phone/fax/email.

Have used them, and they even got me a super rate from AXA, which I had found to be the most expensive but with the best coverage (off-road and Oman, agency repairs etc.)

Cheers!

Thanks for the hint mate, will call them as soon as I arrive in Dubai (probably mid August).
cRyotanK
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto