Working WITHOUT A Visa, Please Advise Me

Topic locked
Working WITHOUT a Visa, please advise me Aug 21, 2013
Hi,
I am not sure if anyone can advise me please?

I joined a company last March 2013, I was told that I would receive my visa and DM2000 per month salary. The salary was to be deducted out of future commissions.
As of this month Aug 2013 I have still not received my visa or labour card and I have not received any salary as promised in my contract.

Basically I have been working on a self-employed basis, paying my employer DM500 per month to use their office. This money was taken out of the commissions that I have earned.

My questions are as follows:
A: Are employers in Dubai working from Business Bay allowed to employ you without giving you any salary and without providing you with a visa and labour card?
B: Are they also allowed to permit you to work on a self-employed basis?

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can advise me here.

fatman
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Working WITHOUT A Visa, Please Advise Me Aug 21, 2013
Hi its not just business bay, i think youve been hit like many other people that come here to find employment.

firstly it is illegal under any circunstances to work in dubai without a visa.

i persuming youve been working for a real estate which is a commom thing sadly...

whatever your situation whether you come on a self employed or as a employee you need a visa... NO VISA NO WORK.

Youve been working for a company who has promised you a basic salary of 2000dhs and commission, you probably havnt earned no commission so they being a little arsy in paying you.

depending on which part of the world your from every employer treats peoples slighly differently, you can check with labour law and they will advise you correctly... however be very carefull on what you say because it could land you in trouble and the comapny can get a fine of upto dhs50,000.

My advise is move on find something else and be more cautious, it takes several weeks for your visa to be fully processed depending on how good the pro is...

do hope thats some help.

ps; contracts dont mean crap... however there is a space in dubai forum to name and shame companies but once again make sure you have solid backing...

good luck
Bugz
Dubai Forums Talker

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

I was actually working in the murky world of finance I am sorry to say :-(

I did actually earn some commissions, however, I only received 65% of my comms and not the promised 100%.

I am from the UK and am now back in the UK but I am fighting for some of the commissions that I left behind. The company kept fobbing all employess off telling us that our visas were being processed and should be with us next week.. Next week never came obviously!!

Also, we never did receive any monthly salary as per our contract.

I just want to get my facts right before I hit them with requests.

Can you tell me who I need to report the company to please in order for them to be dragged into line, even if that does mean a large fine for them.

Thank you
fatman
Dubai Forum Guest

well if your back in UK thats fine but they could somehow impose a ban on you from working here again, (dont take my word on that) the best people to speak to is labour law you can google them..

if you can prove to them that youve been working there... business cards commission statements anything and tell them that they promised that all will be good and my visa is being processed they will do something.

ps... finance property market its all the same here there all conning pricks... unless you get the good ones and trust me there is some good ones....

Take them down matey... im from UK too...
Bugz
Dubai Forums Talker

Thanks buddy, I would like to go back some day, but to a proper job lol

I intend to make things very awkward for them thats for sure ;-)

Thanks for you help
fatman
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Working WITHOUT A Visa, Please Advise Me Aug 22, 2013
no probs they need bringing down.

if your in finance and hold a degree i know an excellent chap who manages a large or should i say one of the biggest finance companies in Dubai. its manage a Brit and they are well reknowned in Dubai.
Bugz
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Working WITHOUT A Visa, Please Advise Me Aug 24, 2013
Dear ,

Hope you ok and fine please call me or email me .

00971509635956 mostafa.legal@gmail.com

Regards ...

Mostafa Said / Lgal Counsoltant
m1234
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai