Work Permit ?

Topic locked
Work Permit ? Aug 12, 2005
:?: Any advice appreciated ! Q1) How do I get a work permit? I am Englsih, running a small executive search firm in London but I'm selling out to a partner shortly. Can I just come and work for myself?

Q2) If I did take a job with a firm in Dubai, would I be forced to remain with them for 1 year?

Tony88
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Work Permit ? Aug 12, 2005
Tony88 wrote::?: Any advice appreciated ! Q1) How do I get a work permit? I am Englsih, running a small executive search firm in London but I'm selling out to a partner shortly. Can I just come and work for myself?

Q2) If I did take a job with a firm in Dubai, would I be forced to remain with them for 1 year?

1) To work for yourself outside the freezone you will need a local sponser.
2) Depends on your contract. If you terminate your contract, the company could ban you from staying in the country for 6 months so you would have to leave the UAE and such stories are common.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Work permit Aug 12, 2005
Thanks for that. What about working inside the free zone?
Tony88
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Work permit Aug 12, 2005
Tony88 wrote:Thanks for that. What about working inside the free zone?

1- its a free zone ,, you need your money .

2- if you are working for a firm in the free zone ,, you dont get the ban ,,, its a free zone . :D

damn ,, i wish i could work in one of the free zones in dubai :x
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Work permit Aug 13, 2005
castellano wrote:
Tony88 wrote:Thanks for that. What about working inside the free zone?

1- its a free zone ,, you need your money .

2- if you are working for a firm in the free zone ,, you dont get the ban ,,, its a free zone . :D

damn ,, i wish i could work in one of the free zones in dubai :x
:?: :?: :idea: whats a free zone :idea:
tell me a little bit about it.. my apologies im new here :roll:
kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 13, 2005
hey man ,, where do you live ??? you are not in dubai ??? any way ,, in dubai there are some areas which they call free zones as any airport free zone . now ,, there is : media city , internet city , dubai medical city ,, jebel ali free zone ,, these zones have their own law and regulations regarding labour and labourers ,, and the most important thing is that you dont get banned in case you wanna change your work ,, coz you sponser is the free zone itself ,, which means , the govenment of dubai ,, of course the change of work would be within the media city ,, :D again ,, damn ,, i wish i could have a job in a fee zone area ,,, i just try to forget about it in the time being :cry:
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai