Work Experience

Topic locked
work experience Dec 10, 2008
HI
I am a 19 year student in a business school in paris in the 1st year. I am looking for a work experience in dubai. i am seeking it for a long time on the internet and have contacted jobs offer agencies, but i found nothing.
so if someone had done a work experience in dubai or someone know companies which offer this kind of programme can help me. i will be thankfull.
please help me !!!!!

waqas
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 10, 2008
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 10, 2008
if i understood you disadvice me to do a internship, because of the local laws, and the cost that a company have for supporting a intern......
waqas
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 11, 2008
It’s not that I’m not advising you to try; however the local laws are slanted against temporary employment of any kind. You will be hard pressed to find a company who would be prepared to offer you a legal internship of any kind because of the costs associated with this and also the risks the company faces employing a temporary staff member.

Bear in mind they have a “ban” system in place to prevent permanent contract workers from simply leaving and taking company information with them – how do you think they would consider a person who is only there for 3 or 4 months?
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 12, 2008
Do we really have internships in UAE?
Morgan
Dubai Forum User

Dec 12, 2008
No, thats's the point of this thread.
No internships
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 14, 2008
But there are a lot of people on internet who are saying that they did a internship in dubai.....
waqas
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 15, 2008
Possibly; I didn't say that it was impossible, just that legally it is very difficult for companies to employ people for internships of even holiday jobs.

If I was an employer i would have to go through the same process and pay the same amount of money to recruit and register someone as an intern as I would as if the person was on a 3 year contract!

In the past there were also a few companies who would do this, essentially employing the person on a visit visa. This is illegal and both parties stand to be heavily fined. In the past 2 years the department of labour has increased their "labour inspector" force by 300% - where in the past a company may only have a labour inspection every 2nd or 3rd year they are now subject to spot-inspections every few months. The fines that they have instituted against employer for employing illegal labour are huge - and can run up to 1,000,000 AED as well as the loss of various “employer” privileges.

Its just not worth them employing illegal labour any more!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai