Work Experience Help

Topic locked
Work experience help Oct 08, 2008
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can give me any help or advice. My 19 year old brother is currently doing a degree in Sports Science and would like to go to Dubai for a month in January to do work experience. He is looking for anything in the sports/leisure field.

If anyone has any ideas on how to go about finding a placement anywhere I would be very grateful,

Many thanks

Nadia :D

ningyit77
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Work experience help Oct 10, 2008
ningyit77 wrote:Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can give me any help or advice. My 19 year old brother is currently doing a degree in Sports Science and would like to go to Dubai for a month in January to do work experience. He is looking for anything in the sports/leisure field.

If anyone has any ideas on how to go about finding a placement anywhere I would be very grateful,

Many thanks

It would be difficult to find anything, it's also not legal to work here like that
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Work experience help Oct 10, 2008
sage & onion wrote:
ningyit77 wrote:Hi everyone,

Many thanks

It would be difficult to find anything, it's also not legal to work here like that

Yup, Sage is right. The only way it could be done is if he were studying here on a student visa. Its not a paid venture I am afraid.

There is the possibility that Sports City in Dubailand may be a place to start, but as none of it is finished or operational yet, he may be 40 by the time there is a job on offer!

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 10, 2008
He actually isn't expecting to be paid he would be doing it as part of his degree I wonder if it would fit the student visa thing. He basically has to complete a number of hours working as part of his studies. He has his student loans to cover expenses to he doesn't need to be paid.

I had a friend who did a similar thing and went over to work in a health spa as part of her course over there, so when I get hold of her I will ask what she did.

Thanks for relplies, if anyone else hs any ideas I would be very graeful!
ningyit77
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 10, 2008
He can get a student visa, and the time he come maybe he can find one. Or he will do some research first before coming over. I don't have any idea on Sports and Leisure Industry.

If you will ask me about SPA Industry, then I can surely help you.
:P
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 10, 2008
hmmm, he really needs to have a placement arranged before he goes as his university need to know about it. Surely there must be some gym or something that will be happy to exploit some free labour for a month!

ningyit77
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 11, 2008
ningyit77 wrote:hmmm, he really needs to have a placement arranged before he goes as his university need to know about it. Surely there must be some gym or something that will be happy to exploit some free labour for a month!

Every company exploits free labour here. They are called 'employees' but they get paid so little, they might as well be free!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai