Termination

Topic locked
termination Jan 08, 2011
Hi, I have been working for an Austrian company for 2 and half year ,which has branch here in dubai internet city,UAE
In my contract its mentioned that there should be three paid month for the termination so I should get paid three month.
My company informed me by letter that they want to terminate me and I will get three paid month,

But after two days I got official letter that I am not allowed to enter the office(for no reason) and should give all company properties which I have and they still want to pay me the three month notice period payment.

My question according to uae labor law should they pay me extra three month Unfair dismissal
, or only the three month notice period.
In addition please note the company license is under my name.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Regards,

needhelpplz
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Termination Jan 08, 2011
Company license is in your name and they fired you ! Dude the ball is in your court in every sense of the way.

Legally they cannot stop the "owner" of the company from steeping into his own premises infact vice versa. You can have all their visa's cancelled or shut down the company if you like or file a police case for taking over your company premises etc etc there are tons of legal paths you can follow.

On a sidenote if they paid you, you would take that money walk away and let them operate a company in your name. You do know legally your are responsible of any action and transaction of the company. If tommorow the company goes bust you are liable for any debts etc etc.

Bro ...wake up

P.S : Ever occured to you that they can't fire the "owner/boss"
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Termination Jan 09, 2011
I can't believe they fired you while the company license is in your name. Have they got their heads up their butts or what?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Termination Jan 09, 2011
I agree that you have more rights if your name is on the license. However this also depends on your MOU; how many shares have been allocated to you etc. I would recommend you go and see an arbitration or a lawyer who specializes in labor law. However since it is in Dubai Internet Office your best bet would be to check with the DIC offices. Hope this helps.
adnankj
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai