Unlimited Contract Termination

Topic locked
Unlimited contract termination May 30, 2012
I've been with the same company now for six years, today they told me there terminating my contract. I'm on an unlimited contract, my offer letter stated that 6 months notice is required for both parties. I'm not sure if they'll despute this, but I'd obviously like enough time to search for another job. What is the legal stance?

Regards

davidkaleta
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Unlimited contract termination May 30, 2012
Best to head over to the Ministry of Labour and explain the situation to them. What was the reason for termination? I would think that if your contract states six month notice from both employer and employee and they gave you, say, one month's notice, they would still contractually have to pay you for the remaining 5 months, as well as vacation accrued which would be calculated into your end of service payout.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Unlimited Contract Termination May 30, 2012
The reason was very vague, no work coming in along those lines. I've asked for a meeting with the GM tomorrow morning so I should find out then, but it wasn't disciplinary.

--- Wed May 30, 2012 6:30 pm ---

davidkaleta
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Unlimited Contract Termination May 31, 2012
only the ministry of labor can give you the information you need. i think they also have an online website for this.
zebastian
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Unlimited Contract Termination Jun 04, 2013
If contract is saying 6 months then you have it. It is an evidence for you. on top of that you will entitle for the 3 months salary aswell, gratuity. best of luck.
Judij
BANNED

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai