Sponsoring My Wife

Topic locked
Sponsoring my wife Jan 27, 2009
Hi

I'll be arriving in Dubai on the 12th February, while my company have sorted out all my relevant paperwork, I would like some advice regarding the relevant paperwork/visa of my wife.

The company will also sort out the sponsor visa of my wife, how does this exactly work? Does the company have to receive all relevant paperwork (passport copy, marriage cert, and passport photos) sort it out in Dubai and then send it back before my wife can enter on a sponsor visa. Or can she arrive with all the relevant paperwork, enter Dubai on a visitor visa and then get switched over to a sponsor visa.

She also intends to work in Dubai in the future. Is it essential that her qualifications are attested by the U A E Embassy in the UK before arriving or can they be attested by the embassy in Dubai.

Thanks for any help

Dwrgi

Dwrgi
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 27, 2009
She will have to enter on a visit visa initially and later your company will file for her resident visa. Her documents must be attested by the UAE embassy in the UK but your company should be able to do it for you.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 27, 2009
K-Dog wrote:She will have to enter on a visit visa initially and later your company will file for her resident visa. Her documents must be attested by the UAE embassy in the UK but your company should be able to do it for you.

i think k-dog means that company will do her other paperwork (residency processing), she will have to do her own attestation in the uk. Its a two part attestation, some of it is done in the uk and a stamp or two in dubai.

the company will probably deduct your wife’s sponsorship processing fees from your salary - this is quiet normal and will probably amount to about 2,500 AED.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jan 28, 2009
Thanks K-Dog and dbxsoul.

Aa part of my package, my employers are willing to pay for my wifes sponsor visa etc.

Cheers Dwrgi
Dwrgi
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai