Should I Cancel My Visa Or Not?

Topic locked
should i cancel my visa or not? Nov 20, 2012
Dear All,

i'm new this forum and would appreciate your help.

I have a employment visa from sharjah non-free zone firm. the firm shuts it doors due poor financial conditions 6 months ago. Im on a marketing manager visa with them and work for them for 2.5 years.

upon leaving they clear my dues and gave me a NOC. and told me they will not cancel my visa without my concern or signature.

i was searching for job for 6 months but with no luck i have to go back to my country now.

The question i want to ask is my stamped employment visa has 20 days left. Do i have to cancel my visa from DRND or MOL? because there is no one i can found in my firm who can do this. i guess all left.

CAn i cancel my visa on my own?

will i be ban? i spend 3 years on this visa and have a master's degree.

can i just leave the country without canceling my visa? will i get a visit visa again or employment visa from a different company?

the company took my labor card when they gave me NOC. i have contract copy and emirates ID with me.

thanks alot for your concerns.
Z

zombie123
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Should I Cancel My Visa Or Not? Jan 07, 2013
Dear Zoombie,

(1) You cannot cancel your visa on your own. Since you need your employers signatures on the Employment Cancellation Form. It takes about 2 days to cancel it.

(2) Living in UAE for 3years is irrelevant. I have to check the BAN excemption rules. On a normal basis, everyone gets a 6month automatic BAN from MOL ( Information as of June 2012)

(3) If your company shut down, and filed papers for the same, you will not be entitled for a ban.

Just curious - You could not find yourself a job for 6months ? sorry, dont mean to offend you. Just curious. Dubai Job Market is not all that tought to crack.

This Article Should Help - http://www.dubaicitybling.com/2012/12/getting-job-in-dubai.html
Amaryaaldosari
Dubai Forums Member

Re: should i cancel my visa or not? Jan 07, 2013
thanks alot Amar,

i've successfully canceled my visa and in the process of getting an offer from a company. you are correct i got a job through a reference. they will be giving me the offer letter next week.

your comments are very much appreciated.

take care
Z
zombie123
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai