LEAVE SCHEDULE

Topic locked
LEAVE SCHEDULE Apr 15, 2014
I have been working in a trading company for 11 months now. I joined them in May 2013. Based on my contract with them, I am entitled to a one month leave with pay upon completion of one year service (my contract is 2 years), hence, I am expecting that I would be having my leave this coming May. But when I talked to my boss, she said that my visa stamp is dated August 25, 2013. So, she told me that my leave is in August. Oh my was I so disappointed!!! I don't know what to do now because my son is already expecting me to be home for his birthday.

I sent her an sms requesting to allow me to take my leave in May instead of August but she keeps on ignoring my messages. I could not talk to her personally cos everytime I attempt to, it's just always bad timing like she's screaming on top of her lungs to some of my colleagues, shouting at suppliers, etc. That's why I just opted to send her messages. But she ignored them twice.

Now, I just want to know if the leave schedule is really based on when your visa was stamped or based on the date you actually joined the company. In my contract with them, it doesn't say visa stamp date that's why I was counting the months until I'm home again. We are an LLC company. Pls. enlighten me!

carlgadil
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai