Freezone Visa's - Can Someone Help Me???

Topic locked
Freezone visa's - can someone help me??? Feb 16, 2011
HI there,

I am a UK expat here currently on a visit visa. I want to be able to prorperty manage here in Dubai but understand I need to get a visa here. I have been told I can obtain one in one of the free zones like RAK or Fujeirah which is cheaper than a Dubai one.

Please can you answer the following for me:-

1)If I want to work in Dubai (but not in an office) out at peoples homes etc., can I do this with a Freezone visa?
2) Do I need to buy a freezone company first and then apply for my visa through the company? If so likely cost roughly.
3) What will I need to provide for this. ie passport, etc.
4)Do you get a labour card with your visa?
5) How long does the process take? weeks/months?

Many many thanks for your help,
regards

Stuart

SMUNRO1970
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Freezone visa's - can someone help me??? Feb 16, 2011
Well I should first of all start here, http://www.dubaided.gov.ae/English/Pages/default.aspx where you will find all the necessary information and advice on setting up a business in Dubai, then go here, http://www.rera.gov.ae/rera/english/default.aspx where you will find additional requirements to operate as an estate agent. Always treat word-of-mouth advice with caution, while it is always well intended it is often misleading.

Businesses registered in Free Zones are not strictly allowed to trade outside the Free Zone they are registered, although many do illegally.

There is a ‘One villa one Family’ law in Dubai restricting the occupants of a dwelling to be family members, DM purge from time to time and always respond to information received from community spirited members of the public.

You need to understand the bigger picture before you commit to spending any money, for instance, a RAK Free Zone License, while cost effective will not meet the requirements of RERA who insist, for registration purposes that the Business must be a Local Co, or a branch office, licensed locally.

Good luck in your endeavours, I think you’ll need it, the last time I had occasion to look for a RERA registered Estate Agent I had over 2,000 to choose from! And it is estimated there are just as many trading illegally in Dubai.

Regards
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai