Dubai Is Finished Just Go Home Or Don't Bother Coming.

Topic locked
Dubai is finished just go home or don't bother coming. Apr 19, 2009
"Dubai is finished just go home or don't bother coming" is what some people are saying about Dubai. It's not true.

Why I think Dubai has a bright future? Dubai is a city state and a regional center which relies on global markets just like Hong Kong and Singapore.

Hong Kong, Singapore and now Dubai boom more than other countries during the good times and bust harder during recessions. Thats why the Hong Kong and Singaporean governments save so much money during the good times to get them through the bad.

I lived in Hong Kong during the Asian Financial Crisis, DotCom bouble, 911 and SARS and it bounced back each time.

Dubai (or the world) may not see such boom days again but it will get better.

jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 24, 2009
Wow maybe I'm the only one who thinks Dubai has a chance.
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

May 04, 2009
Everywhere is tough at the moment...

I was unemployed in Australia for 7mths before coming here... my work prospects are bleaker at home because our government has cut spending on infrastructure (I am an engineer)... here, things are not great but its not as bad elsewhere imho.
AussieClay
Dubai Forum User

true May 19, 2009
yes dubai will come back as fast as it went down - people have short memories
stefan
Dubai Forum User

May 20, 2009
Dubai Port World yesterday LAID OFF 860 people!

yeah right, it will come back fast indeed...
DDS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 20, 2009
Dubai surely has a chance as it is backed by Abu Dhabi.
karans
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2009
Dubai was a dream.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 25, 2009
yeh its true we all here some layoffs here and there but probably not taking a nose dive
Mindnu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

it takes time Jul 11, 2009
So what do you think is happening to Dubai now. Its more competitive due to lower business costs but in the long run will Dubai do well?

If the Gulf states come together (like the EU) then Dubai will do well as business is done faster in Dubai.

What about Qatar and Abu Dhabi investing so much money that they smother Dubai?

What's your view?
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 24, 2009
does UAE depend on Qatar, never thought, always thought UAE as the richest
attrnguy
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 24, 2009
gj dubai
shadowpero
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 24, 2009
I think Dubai needs to give us a chance
catalyst
Dubai chat master

LOOKING FOR AN ADMIN WORK - GREAT EXPERIENCE Oct 05, 2009
Hello there,

A reliable and flexible team worker with strong communication, organizational and time management skills. High attention to detail and great multitasker.
Positive under pressure and hard working. Speed typing and good computer and internet skills. High levels of customer service. I hold a full GNVQ certificate in Spreadsheet and in January I finished studying for an introductory marketing CIM certificate.

Working as an office manager in the UK at the moment. I have a great office skills. Will be moving to dubai in the end of january, and visiting dubai next weekend.

Ideally I am looking for an admin position. I can send my Cv and photo if anyone has any positions available.

Looking forward to all the great responses.. :D
slavka
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 13, 2009
anyone who has lived here for 30+ years will tell you that this is just another regular downturn cycle just ilke the one experienced after '73, after '82, and during the gulf war.

people who leave now miss out on establishing themselves for the next boom. If they go, it just means more goodies for us :D
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai