Dubai American Academy?

Topic locked
Dubai American Academy? Jan 27, 2004
Hi!

My family and I are moving from Norway to Dubai in August, and I wonder if anyone has anything to tell me about DAA.
We are about to send in the application forms, but I can`t seem to find any info about this school, other than the schools own web site.

I would also like to get some advice regarding how to find a nice villa in the area close to this school, serious realastate agents, and what to look out for.

Thanks! Have a nice day! :)

Apr 06, 2004
DAA is a good place for students and teachers - they provide a good salary and accommodation. Probably not as good as AIS or DC but better than anywhere else for secondary. Negative point is that it's part of the Varkey group who are more into profit and less into treating their staff well but I think the Varkey management tend to leave the school alone more than they do with other schools they own.

Off the top of my head, Better Homes, Asteco and Cluttons would be real estate agents worth trying. I'm sure there's other good ones around but be careful, there's plenty who will take your money and run - renting out non-existing or unavailable properties for example.
little johnny

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai