Too Old For Dubai?

Topic locked
Too old for Dubai? Feb 18, 2009
Hi all,

Is it true that expats over 60 years old can no longer work in Dubai?
If so, then 58 would be the the last chance to seek a job (providing regular 2 year contract applies)

On the other hand why would anybody want to employ a person whose contract cannot be renewed.

Iow, is it feasible for a 58 year old to get employed (IT sector - massive experience)

Can someone shed some light on this issue?
TIA

vertical
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Too old for Dubai? Feb 20, 2009
vertical wrote:Hi all,

Is it true that expats over 60 years old can no longer work in Dubai?
If so, then 58 would be the the last chance to seek a job (providing regular 2 year contract applies)

The ministry of Labour can waiver this regulation, but only in specific cirmustances where the sponsor feels that ther peroson provides an invaluable service which cannot be found elsewhere - they have to motivate this with the MOL in order to have a labour card issued.

"Regular" labour contracts are three years in duration, not two

On the other hand why would anybody want to employ a person whose contract cannot be renewed.

Asked and answered :)

Iow, is it feasible for a 58 year old to get employed (IT sector - massive experience)

I would give it a realistic chance of 10%

Can someone shed some light on this issue?
TIA
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 22, 2009
Anyone?
vertical
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 22, 2009
???

what other answers do you need? read the inset above
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 22, 2009
Thanks dbxsoul.
It appears I missed your answers completely - the only thing I saw was a quote. Sorry.
vertical
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 22, 2009
if your'e considering it make sure you get everything singed and sealed before you leave your current employment; as you may have noticed from other postings there is a fair downturn in the local economy - although i think it will be relativly short-lived. most companies here are cost cutting and shaving staff and expenses
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai