Company Has Visa But Now I Have No Job

Topic locked
Company has visa but now I have no job Dec 03, 2008
I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere else, so perhaps someone can help..

I have received an offer of employment with a company in Dubai and they have applied for and recieved my employment visa. The problem is that I have not yet started work with them and am still in the UK, the company has now told me they do not have a position for me due to a reduction in workload. Does anyone know how this leaves me with working for another employer in Dubai, will there be a problem with the original company holding a visa for me and me seeking work with another employer?.

adrienne
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 03, 2008
If you're not going to be working with them, that company will have to cancel the visa and you will have to start from scratch with annother company. Now is not a good time to be looking for work in Dubai, so many people have been laid off.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 03, 2008
spot on answer choc's.
also ask them to send you confirmation that they have cancelled the visa; in order for them to retrieve (or transfer) their deposit they will have to cancell the visa in any case.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Thanks. Dec 03, 2008
Thank you both very much. I do have another offer but wasn't sure if it would be easy to transfer the visa. You have been very helpfull.
adrienne
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 04, 2008
Doesn't an employment visa just expire after a month or two if not used? I'm assuming the OP is talking about an employment entry visa / permit, not a work permit that's applied for after entering the UAE.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 04, 2008
yes, i think the limit is 90 days from issue before it falls away (if not used). but if he were planning on taking up a position before then it needs to be cancelled as soon as possible. he can't even apply for a visit visa before its cancelled
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Very interesting Dec 04, 2008
Thank's that's very interesting to know.
adrienne
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 06, 2008
Ah, ok. Good to know, thanks.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai