Schengen Visa

Topic locked
Schengen Visa Mar 16, 2009
Hi,

I wanted to know how much time does it take to apply for Schengen Visa?
I am a Pakistani and am travelling to Denmark for business trip. My husband will also be accompanying me. I have been advised to apply for visa from German Consulate as it'll take only 20 working days, is that correct?
Also I'm planning to go to Switzerland after my training, can I visit Zurich with this visa?
Please provide me information as I'll hence apply quicky.

Mahira.

mahira
Dubai Forum User

Apr 03, 2009
Trust you have got the information by now.
Firstly check if Denmark has its own consulate in Abu Dhabi or Dubai.
Your Schengen visa does not entitle you to travel to Zurich, Switzerland.
The Schengen visa is granted within a few days unless there are hitches.
vistasad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 03, 2009
As of beginning Jan 2009, Switzerland is now part of the Schengen countries ... google Schengen + Switzerland, loads of info there.

Don't know how long it would take for you to get a Schengen Visa, but in general, try always to get 4-6 weeks in advance to process (I know not always possible).

I'm turning around Schengen Visa's for my wife within 24hours now, including express passport delivery to the house, but then again, she had a few already in her passport and I'm German. So that's now a different game alltogether.

Good Luck!
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Schengen Visa Jul 23, 2009
mahira wrote:Hi,

I wanted to know how much time does it take to apply for Schengen Visa?
I am a Pakistani and am travelling to Denmark for business trip. My husband will also be accompanying me. I have been advised to apply for visa from German Consulate as it'll take only 20 working days, is that correct?
Also I'm planning to go to Switzerland after my training, can I visit Zurich with this visa?
Please provide me information as I'll hence apply quicky.

Mahira.

Schengen visa applications are usually processed quicker than that. Switzerland is part of the Schengen.
vistasad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around