Applyinf For An "urgent" Schengen Visa

Topic locked
applyinf for an "urgent" schengen visa Apr 13, 2007
Hey,

Great Website!

I have a question about applying for Schengen Visa. I need to go to germany and france (equaly amounts of time) leaving next friday on a business trip.

All the embassies are saying that it takes 15 days on a Pakistani Passport to get a visa. I need to know if any one knows which counsualte I can go to to get a "faster" visa. I have had a previous shengen visa for tourism purposes issued from the Italian Counsulate.

My situation is that I only have an invitation letter from a company we do business with in Spain. Someone suggested to me that I can apply for another tourism visa through the German Counsualte because they would be the fastest. I have also heard nightmarish stories about the frence counsulate.

Any suggestions/ comments would be greatly appreciated!

Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 16, 2007
I don't think you can. I've tried before (using Indonesian passport which unfortunately falls under the "2 weeks" rules too). I was even once a resident of France, travels in/to Europe/Schengen countries many many times. I had invitation letter from the French company, my office in Dubai, and fulfilled every other requirements. But still I needed to apply myself and took about 2 weeks to finish. Same rules applied also when I applied from Italian consulate (Dubai) and Greek embassy (Abu Dhabi).

They're just too much!! Discrimination.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 30, 2007
Thanks man.

Yeah, I hate the discrimination. I applied and it is the standard 15 day wait even though I am a US permenant resident and have travelled extensively for business purposes.

What really got my goat is that there was this Indian guy who has only been to the UAE outside of India and he was told that he could come back to collect his passport in 2 days while I have to wait forever even though I have dozens of visas on my passport.
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

May 01, 2007
My clients, Indian, they applied the same time to French consulate in India. It took only 2-3 days to finish.

I believe in mutual relationship. If we can give them free visa or visa on arrival, why can't we get the same thing?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around