Cyprus Report

Topic locked
Cyprus Report Aug 04, 2007
Cyprus is a fantastic place if:

1. you have a beer belly, tatoos, 2 o 3 teeth, big hear, huge hips and no mannners, a brand new pair of white "trainers" and think you are importqant. So head to Phapos...British trash if you ever want to meet any..

Holy f....u...c....k....i.....n....g....s.....h....i....t!

2. See number "1" except you think you are a beauty queen and speak russian in which case you head to Lemessol......

again, Holy f....u...c....k....i.....n....g....s.....h....i....t!

Sadly, one of the few places in the world that I have been fortunat to visit which I must say because of "1" and "2" above I will not visit ever again.

P.S. there were some nice archeological sites and mountains which we were able to see amongst, primarily the Brits moaning about "how long before we can have a pint...."

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 04, 2007
cool.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Re: Cyprus Report Aug 04, 2007
Concord wrote:Cyprus is a fantastic place if:

1. you have a beer belly, tatoos, 2 o 3 teeth, big hear, huge hips and no mannners, a brand new pair of white "trainers" and think you are importqant. So head to Phapos...British trash if you ever want to meet any..

Holy f....u...c....k....i.....n....g....s.....h....i....t!

2. See number "1" except you think you are a beauty queen and speak russian in which case you head to Lemessol......

again, Holy f....u...c....k....i.....n....g....s.....h....i....t!

Sadly, one of the few places in the world that I have been fortunat to visit which I must say because of "1" and "2" above I will not visit ever again.

P.S. there were some nice archeological sites and mountains which we were able to see amongst, primarily the Brits moaning about "how long before we can have a pint...."

Did you go through the Green Line to Northern Cyprus, that's where all the history is - and Farmagusta - so sad to see it still sitting there deserted and untouched.

I agree with points 1 & 2 above, that's Brits abroad for you! I would never return to the South, the North - yes!
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Cyprus Report Aug 05, 2007
[quote="The MajorDid you go through the Green Line to Northern Cyprus, that's where all the history is - and Farmagusta - so sad to see it still sitting there deserted and untouched.

[/quote]

Yes we did we went to the "Ghost City" of Famagusta. Very interesting. Learn a lot abou the conflict between the Greek and Turkish Cypriots. The tour guide was for in Famgusta but had to leave when he was 3 years old on 20 July 1974 when the war broke out. He was not allowed back in until 2004 and in fact it is only since 2004 that anyone from the south is allowed to travel beyond the green line. He was not permitted to go into the city but just a small portion -where tourist are allowed now. You can only entered through a couple of check points and must show your passport (they don't stamp it as there is no recognized "country" as Turkish Cyprus - although they have their own flag, etc.). Pretty sad for such a small country.

It seemed, from the tour guides comments (and he soke for hours about this) that there is a deep hatred between the Greeks and the Turks in Cyprus. Maybe they'll figure something out some day.

We also went into the mauntains. Beautiful up there. Clean crisp air etc. I bit scary with the winding roads an precipices...

Anyway, as I say, except for "1" and "2" an ok place..

Also I was disapointed with the beaches...weird color sand and the water not as clear as I thought it would be (this is in the waters off Phapos, Lemissol, and Agia Apa) - cetaintly not as clear as they are in the commercial one sees all the time in Dubai TV.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around