Anyone Ever Been On A Cruise?

Topic locked
Anyone ever been on a cruise? Jan 02, 2008
For our upcoming holiday in Feb. crazy b*tch wants to go on a cruise. I thought it would be too expensive to book at almost the last min, but as usual its her way or the highway, or doghouse in this case. So, does anyone have any sugesstions on cruise lines or which travel agency to contact?

Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 04, 2008
no one?
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 04, 2008
Where do you want to cruise? Persian Gulf, Mediterranean, Red Sea, the fjords or maybe the Caribbean?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 04, 2008
probably the med....
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 06, 2008
I've been on several hundred cruises. I'd be happy to give any advice or recommendations. Caribbean, central/south America, Europe, Asia. Pretty much any where except Africa. You'd be hard-pressed to find a cruise in the Med in Feb....most ships don't go there till April at the earliest. Any ship that WAS in the Med in Feb would not be worth going on! (I was an Entertainment Director on ships for 7 years)
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Jan 06, 2008
Thanks. I will send you a private message to you.
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 07, 2008
dubaidog wrote:I've been on several hundred cruises. I'd be happy to give any advice or recommendations. Caribbean, central/south America, Europe, Asia. Pretty much any where except Africa. You'd be hard-pressed to find a cruise in the Med in Feb....most ships don't go there till April at the earliest. Any ship that WAS in the Med in Feb would not be worth going on! (I was an Entertainment Director on ships for 7 years)

Good post dubaidog. My question is how long does it take for the whole trip from point of origin and vice versa? Let's say Caribben cruise?
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 08, 2008
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 09, 2008
MaaaD wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAH

U think this thread is funny mate or are u just trying to live up to ur screenname?
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 16, 2008
SCY wrote:
dubaidog wrote:I've been on several hundred cruises. I'd be happy to give any advice or recommendations. Caribbean, central/south America, Europe, Asia. Pretty much any where except Africa. You'd be hard-pressed to find a cruise in the Med in Feb....most ships don't go there till April at the earliest. Any ship that WAS in the Med in Feb would not be worth going on! (I was an Entertainment Director on ships for 7 years)

Good post dubaidog. My question is how long does it take for the whole trip from point of origin and vice versa? Let's say Caribben cruise?

It really depends on the itinerary. Anywhere from 3 days roundtrip, to 2 weeks or more.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Jan 20, 2008
My advice would be not to go. I've been on a cruse last year, the most fancy in the Mediterranean and never again! There is a bunch of "rich" people on the ship thinking they are kings of the worlds with no manners and all they do is eat eat and once again eat. By the end of the week I almost throw up just by thinking of that plastic nasty all the same taste food. And what bothered me the most was, that the staff (mostly Indonesians) were forced in to modern slavery. I mean they slept for 5 hours a day and work all the time with no day of..not even one in 14 days...horrible! The ship was all shiny, everything was top of the top... furniture, decoration, you name it but it didn't do anything for me. Bu it did had one +...i got to see seven different citys in seven days.
An if you want to take your lady somewhere nice i recommend a nice beach house in Maldives or amazing Cuba or if you would like to go in Europe i would pick Sicily or Barcelona...Just don't go a cruse!
justme
Dubai Forum User

Jan 20, 2008
justme wrote:My advice would be not to go. I've been on a cruse last year, the most fancy in the Mediterranean and never again! There is a bunch of "rich" people on the ship thinking they are kings of the worlds with no manners and all they do is eat eat and once again eat. By the end of the week I almost throw up just by thinking of that plastic nasty all the same taste food. And what bothered me the most was, that the staff (mostly Indonesians) were forced in to modern slavery. I mean they slept for 5 hours a day and work all the time with no day of..not even one in 14 days...horrible! The ship was all shiny, everything was top of the top... furniture, decoration, you name it but it didn't do anything for me. Bu it did had one +...i got to see seven different citys in seven days.
An if you want to take your lady somewhere nice i recommend a nice beach house in Maldives or amazing Cuba or if you would like to go in Europe i would pick Sicily or Barcelona...Just don't go a cruse!

I'm with you. I've been in a cruise twice: NEVER and NEVER WILL.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 21, 2008
Concord wrote:
justme wrote:My advice would be not to go. I've been on a cruse last year, the most fancy in the Mediterranean and never again! There is a bunch of "rich" people on the ship thinking they are kings of the worlds with no manners and all they do is eat eat and once again eat. By the end of the week I almost throw up just by thinking of that plastic nasty all the same taste food. And what bothered me the most was, that the staff (mostly Indonesians) were forced in to modern slavery. I mean they slept for 5 hours a day and work all the time with no day of..not even one in 14 days...horrible! The ship was all shiny, everything was top of the top... furniture, decoration, you name it but it didn't do anything for me. Bu it did had one +...i got to see seven different citys in seven days.

I'm with you. I've been in a cruise twice: NEVER and NEVER WILL.

I couldn't agree more. Not sure what line employs mostly Indonesians, but all cruise lines are exploitive. I call it "paying by the colour of your passport"..kinda like they do here in Dubai. The food does suck and taste the same, and the amount people eat is shocking. The REAL benefit is visiting multiple places to see what you like in the future. Out of all the countries and all the ports, there are about 5 I would return to.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Jan 21, 2008
I Have Been In Cruise Several Times.

And Will Do It Again. Why Not? What Is Wrong.

It Is Great, Especially When It Is Comfortable.
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2008
Dubaidude007 wrote:
MaaaD wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAH

U think this thread is funny mate or are u just trying to live up to ur screenname?

i was just laughing at you calling your partner "crazy b*tch". i like.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 24, 2008
Thanks justme! I don't like to eat, eat and eat, that's very piggy and porky! It would be nice to see places, but...
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 25, 2008
My question is how long does it take for the whole trip from point of origin and vice versa? Let's say Caribben cruise?

It Is Very Expensive.

Make Turkish Cruise
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2008
Two life-long dreams of my wife are to see northern lights and go cruising. Probably in few yeas ahead I'm thinking to get one.

I thought why not combine both?

I'd go for Alaska for the lights and take (I heard there's) a cruise line around Alaska down to some strait to British Columbia. Probably continue to Vancouver (one of cities we're thinking to move in someday) for some vacation & research by the same ship or train (if any).

Anyone can suggest?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 27, 2008
Two life-long dreams of my wife are to see northern lights and go cruising. Probably in few yeas ahead I'm thinking to get one.

I thought why not combine both?

I'd go for Alaska for the lights and take (I heard there's) a cruise line around Alaska down to some strait to British Columbia. Probably continue to Vancouver (one of cities we're thinking to move in someday) for some vacation & research by the same ship or train (if any).

Anyone can suggest?

You Need Travel Guide And Advisor

Plan Deeply Before Going.
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2008
orik wrote:You Need Travel Guide And Advisor

Everyone knows it.
Can you be more specific with more helpful info?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 28, 2008
xty wrote:
orik wrote:You Need Travel Guide And Advisor

Everyone knows it.
Can you be more specific with more helpful info?

Do you want to travel independent? so

1-check for visas (depends on your nationality)
2-get travel insurance.
3-read this forum
4-check lonely planet for the proper book
5-check this website for train information
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around