Abu Dhabi?

Topic locked
Abu Dhabi? Oct 19, 2006
I’ll likely get flamed for this post but no matter. I’ve been to the 'capital' tons of times but always went to work and come back I’ve never really had a chance to explore it.

What places would you recommend to check out? What are your favorite hang out type places?

I’ll be there working starting tomorrow but if all goes well I’ll have a lot of free time and would really like to discover the ‘soul’ of Abu Dhabi, any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated.

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 19, 2006
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 19, 2006
I'm in abu dhabi; dont do much tho.
Its a chill out place...shishas, cafes, restuarants etc.
Ofcourse you must check out the two main malls here..Abu dhabi mall and marina mall. :)

Then theres pool joints and ice skating.

Its a shame; i was born here but yeah still dont really know the 'soul' of AD.

Good luck with your work! Who you setting up now? ;)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 19, 2006
check out Madinat Zayed and the surrounding area .. Madinat Zayed itself is a mall but not one global brand ... its all local brands .. pretty cool.

Other than that .. the Croniche is an amazing place for a walk/jog or cycling .. and if you havent been inside the Emirates Palace you have to go in that place makes Burj Al Arab look like a cheap 3 star hotel hahaha

enjoy your stay in the capital !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 22, 2006
There is a restaurant with a rotating floor (le royal meridien, I believe). You get a good view of the city, etc. The food was very good I thought. But I never really recommend restaurants as my experience is that with chef's (here today gone tomorrow) or turn into over-priced-sucky-places after a while.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 25, 2006
One other place to add to the list was the Hiltonia, (the beach park for the Hilton, non guests can visit by paying an entrance fee) really nice, good restaurant and nice beach, great way to spend an afternoon.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around