Web Designer/seo Expert Looking For Advice (Hi Everyone)

Topic locked
web designer/seo expert looking for advice (Hi Everyone) May 27, 2006
hello everyone

i am a web designer and search engine opermizion expert, i have sent my cv to over 100 employers in dubai but not had any feed back its there a lot of IT people appying for positions out there.if you would like to see my cv contact me

this is a bit of my profile on my cv

A keen desire to progress within the constantly evolving field of Search Engine Promotion, building on recent successful client projects and a technical background in Web design, development and publishing. Polite, approachable with a strong commercial awareness and ability to think laterally. An effective communicator at all levels within an organisation and within a project/client relationship. Good problem solving and analytical skills, a focus on attention to detail and able to remain calm under pressure whilst delivering high standards and results. Areas of Expertise ( Extensive ethical SEO skills including keyword research and selection, site structuring analysis, internet marketing trends, user behaviour tracking and reporting and copywriting skills. ( Excellent Web site design and coding skills (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, XHTML, CSS, PHP) with a strong awareness of user and search engine accessibility issues and browser/platform conflicts. ( Comprehensive pay-per-click (PPC) campaign set-up, management and competitor analysis skills, ensuring clients are achieving maximum potential targeted exposure and budget efficiency

thanks any help would be welcome

david j
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: web designer/seo expert looking for advice (Hi Everyone) Jun 22, 2006
david j wrote:i have sent my cv to over 100 employers in dubai but not had any feed back

david j wrote:any help would be welcome

Do you really want some help? You got some in this post. I expect my comments won't be of interest to you then but perhaps others reading this might think twice before following your example.

Now this stands out to me.
david j wrote:a focus on attention to detail

Hardly...
david j wrote:i am a web designer and search engine opermizion expert, i have sent my cv to over 100 employers in dubai but not had any feed back its there a lot of IT people appying for positions out there.if you would like to see my cv contact me

Poor grammar, punctuation, spelling. If you wrote your CV like that, I'd expect most prospective employers would have tossed it in the bin, and they're not likely to do you the courtesy of giving you feedback.

"opermizion" :?: A company worth working for is not going to take you seriously if you don't even know how to spell the position you're applying for.

Q: "Hello, I'd like to apply for the position of Chief Executive Orifice in your company please."
A: "Ha ha, go away."

IT is competitive here (especially web design) but if you're good at what you do then there are opportunities out there.

david j wrote:this is a bit of my profile on my cv

A keen desire to progress within the constantly evolving field of Search Engine Promotion, building on recent successful client projects and a technical background in Web design, development and publishing. Polite, approachable with a strong commercial awareness and ability to think laterally. An effective communicator at all levels within an organisation and within a project/client relationship. Good problem solving and analytical skills, a focus on attention to detail and able to remain calm under pressure whilst delivering high standards and results. Areas of Expertise ( Extensive ethical SEO skills including keyword research and selection, site structuring analysis, internet marketing trends, user behaviour tracking and reporting and copywriting skills. ( Excellent Web site design and coding skills (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, XHTML, CSS, PHP) with a strong awareness of user and search engine accessibility issues and browser/platform conflicts. ( Comprehensive pay-per-click (PPC) campaign set-up, management and competitor analysis skills, ensuring clients are achieving maximum potential targeted exposure and budget efficiency

If you really are experienced at coding then you will be familiar with formatting guidelines and well aware of how important details are, like the correct number of parentheses and semi-colons.

That paragraph is difficult to read, poorly formatted, and has grammatical errors. And yet you claim to have copywriting skills :shock: ?
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted