Salary For A Swedsih Webdesginer

Topic locked
Salary for a Swedsih webdesginer Jan 13, 2008
Hello friends,

Long time reader first time poster :D

I wondered what the salary could be for a good webdesigner? I am thinking about moving down to Dubai.

BR
Simon

Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Salary for a Swedsih webdesginer Jan 13, 2008
Simonee wrote:Hello friends,

Long time reader first time poster :D

I wondered what the salary could be for a good webdesigner? I am thinking about moving down to Dubai.

BR
Simon

Average: 5000 - 7000 dhs per month.
Good: 7000 - 10,000 per month
Exceptional: 10,000 to 15000
Amazingly Amazing: 15,000 to 20,000
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 13, 2008
Thanks for the fast answer, is it hard to get this kind of job in Dubai?
Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 13, 2008
Simonee wrote:Thanks for the fast answer, is it hard to get this kind of job in Dubai?

That really depends on how good you are.

There's a lot of competition for these positions, and people willing to work for not very much.
^ian^

Jan 13, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
Simonee wrote:Thanks for the fast answer, is it hard to get this kind of job in Dubai?

That really depends on how good you are.

There's a lot of competition for these positions, and people willing to work for not very much.

Yes this was the thing I fwas fraid of. :?

But I am sick of all the snow here..
Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 13, 2008
^^^ Lot of them willing to work for a lot less.. up to the scale where an entire e-commerce web portal quotation just amounted to 6000 AED where a decent lowcost professional estimate would show something close to 25k :?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 13, 2008
I was thinking if I could start my own business there as a webdesigner, would it work? Get clients from uae and Sweden...what do you guys think?
Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 13, 2008
Simonee wrote:I was thinking if I could start my own business there as a webdesigner, would it work? Get clients from uae and Sweden...what do you guys think?

You and 10,000 other people... I admire your enterprise though.
^ian^

Jan 13, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
Simonee wrote:I was thinking if I could start my own business there as a webdesigner, would it work? Get clients from uae and Sweden...what do you guys think?

You and 10,000 other people... I admire your enterprise though.

LOL, well taking a webdesign job wasn´t so bad idea after all :roll:
Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 13, 2008
Average: 5000 - 7000 dhs per month.
Good: 7000 - 10,000 per month
Exceptional: 10,000 to 15000
Amazingly Amazing: 15,000 to 20,000

If this is the salaries, well it should not be a problem to find a job with 7k dhs per month if I take a little time for searching webdesign job´s, right?
Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 13, 2008
Simonee wrote:If this is the salaries, well it should not be a problem to find a job with 7k dhs per month if I take a little time for searching webdesign job´s, right?

I guess not... :shock:
^ian^

Jan 13, 2008
Simonee wrote:If this is the salaries, well it should not be a problem to find a job with 7k dhs per month if I take a little time for searching webdesign job´s, right?

Well its a cut throat business here....with lots of people like you searching for the same job that "little time" would probably take more.....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 13, 2008
^ian^ wrote:

LOL, hey ....you are killing my dreams :(

Ok, lets get realistic...how much should I expect to get payed?
Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 13, 2008
reviewer wrote:

Well its a cut throat business here....with lots of people like you searching for the same job that "little time" would probably take more.....

Ok, what is a realistic salary do you think?
Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 13, 2008
Simonee wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Would you rather I lied to you and said it is fantastic?

OK... it's fantastic!

Send me your Cv or a link to it through PM and I will give you an honest appraisal.
^ian^

Jan 13, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
Simonee wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Would you rather I lied to you and said it is fantastic?

OK... it's fantastic!

Send me your Cv or a link to it through PM and I will give you an honest appraisal.

No that was not my intention, I just wantd to know what salary I should expect as a normal webdesigner, and how hard it is to get a job.
And its very helpful that you are telling me how it is in Dubai, i appreciate your help, really.
Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 13, 2008
hmm I thought Ian suggested to do u a favour.. unless u've an issue with pming your resume to him.. Dr.D knows the market well I think..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted