Salary Expectation For Electrical Or Automation Enginner

Topic locked
Salary expectation for Electrical or Automation Enginner Dec 02, 2007
Hello,

I'm currently looking for a position in Dubai as Electrical / Automation engineer.

Can anybody give me an idea on the salary range for these positions with 3-4 years of experience.

I replied to an advertisement for such position, this is what they offer :
- free accommodation (no detail on the accomodation yet)
- car + insurance + petrol
- $3500 to $4500 monthly salary

Is this salary package correct comparing to other similar positions in Dubai ?

Thanks for your information!

Nicolas

thenikoos
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 03, 2007
can you elaborate a little on what an automation engineer is?
i'm sorry i have no idea, i tried looking it up on the web though.
is this like an electrical engineer? are you qualified?

i'll be able to give you a more accurate assessment if you can provide a few more details, but off the top of my head, it looks low.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 03, 2007
i am assuming its along the lines of electromechanical right ?

if they are providing accommodation and car, i am not sure why you think its low dbx.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 03, 2007
well, if it were for a qualified electrical engineer (with 4 years experience), i would expect more than the 12,800 - 16,500. I'd say it should be in the line of 20,000 - 26,000.

the housing is an issue; yes, the difference in the salary they are offering could account for this - but what are they offering? a single room in the back of al quoz or a villa in the meadows??

if the housing were decent, then i could say "okay" its a fair offer.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 05, 2007
Hi guys, thanks for your replies.

First, yes I'm a qualified electrical engineer (master degree). An automation engineer designing the control system (PLC,...) of plants or buildings. So yes it is a qualified job.

dbx, regarding the salary range given, it is in USD, I suppose your salary is in Dhs ?

For the accomodation, I don't have any detail yet but of course it will make a big difference as prices are high in Dubai.

What do you think, assuming the accomodation is correct ?

Thanks,
Nicolas
thenikoos
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 05, 2007
mmm...

You're right regarding the accommodation, its quiet a pivotal issue as housing can take away anything between 25 and 30% of your salary. The other issue is that salaries are normally fixed for the duration of the contract, whereas housing can theoretically escalate by 10% per annum, eating away at your income every year. depending on the employer they may offer shared accommodation, that is to say you and three other guys sharing a villa - normally in this instance you'd be responsible (between you) for the running expenses (water/ lights/ telephone etc.).

Also find out from them regarding any "local" certification/ examinations that you may need to do - to be locally licensed. As far as i know this is a regulation by Dubai municipality.

I’d stick by my first estimate of 20 - 26,000 pm (yes, in AED/ Dirham).
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted