Bayt.com Site Down?

Topic locked
Bayt.com Site Down? Jun 27, 2006
I haven't been able to connect to Bayt.com for 10 days. I have tried multiple computers, different browsers, even a foreign proxy, but can't reach their servers.

Anyone else having difficulty with their site? I am still getting daily updates in my email.

Thanks.

Blake
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 27, 2006
Fine for me. What happens when you try this URL?

You did the usual computer fixits? Clear cache, cookies, restart, sledgehammer?
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2006
Connecting to remote host....
Error, could not connect to remote server.

Yep, I have tried everything, even routing through a proxy in another country in case Bayt blocked the country where I am staying. I will try an internet cafe in case it is a problem iwth my DSL company.

Thanks for checking for me. :D
Blake
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 27, 2006
I found the problem. Bayt is blocking countries. I was able to get in by using a proxy server in Turkey. I have no idea why they want to block applicants in Asia.
Blake
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 28, 2006
bayt.com is a scam don't even try to go to their website, you are lucky that you could not open the scam bayt.com.
Mandeep12
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 28, 2006
Mandeep12 wrote:bayt.com is a scam don't even try to go to their website, you are lucky that you could not open the scam bayt.com.

Very good. Thanks for the warning. Just a small clarification would be appreciated...

Exactly how are they a scam?
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 28, 2006
I've had 2 job offers through Bayt. I'd like to know why you think they are a scam?
Blake
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 28, 2006
Mandeep works with www.jobsindubai.com and his company is the mother of all scammers.

Bayt is valid and legal and I know one HR consulting frum that operate closly with Mercer who uses bayt from time to time.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2006
Yes I agree, Bayt is reputable and legal. I know bunch of people who work there and i got my current job through bayt too !! :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

NitroGlobal Proxy Accelerator Oct 10, 2006
Hi,

Nitroglobal is a client/server based accelerator system based out of Singapore, and we have had large numbers of people from the UEA and other local areas using the system as an anonymous proxy.

Because it is not a standard proxy and requries a client to be installed, it cannot be tested using traditional proxy testers and therefore is less likely to be banned.

Anyone can get a free trial of the system by visiting http://download.nitroglobal.com and registering with your e-mail.
pknibbs
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 10, 2006
Mandeep12 wrote:bayt.com is a scam don't even try to go to their website, you are lucky that you could not open the scam bayt.com.

hmmmm....this is the first time I heard anything like that about Bayt.com
I got several calls from employers through Bayt.
AnnaSvensson
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted