What Is The Best All-round Informative Web-site On Dubai?

Topic locked
What is the best all-round informative web-site on Dubai? Apr 20, 2008
What do you Dubai residents think is the best web-site to get good reliable information on Dubai , on all sorts of subjects?
I have come across www , which is pretty good. Are there better ones?

traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
I see that quite a few have read my post mentioning www but no-one has offered any other good Dubai sites that are informative about a range of things in Dubai. I put the search words "Dubai gold souk" into Google UK and it was www. that was at the top. Similarly ,when I put the words "visit jumeirah" into Google UK , again it was the same site that appeared very near the top. This is what attracted me to the site,in the first place,plus I had actually put "visit dubai" into Google UK and Google world-wide and found this site on the front page of both . That indicates to me that it has good content,if Google are rating it so highly. What do you think?
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
Why dont you try to google Dubai only and see what comes up....it will give the most informative site for Dubai...like time out dubai...etc...
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 20, 2008
Thanks. I'll have a look at Time out Dubai. But I had entered "Dubai gold souk" initially because I was interested in Gold as an investment[ due to a volatile stock market] and I'd heard that prices were competitive there. It was www that I had found at the top of Google UK. I could not find any good sites detailing the traders of Dubai Gold Souk elsewhere, even though there seem to be hundreds of shops there. Don't they trade on-line? Everything is available on-line these days.
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
reviewer wrote:Why dont you try to google Dubai only and see what comes up....it will give the most informative site for Dubai...like time out dubai...etc...

If you haven't noticed, each and every one of his posts has a link to visit-dubai.co.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 20, 2008
Reviewer. That's because that was the site I found when I made a gold enquiry on Google UK. People like you must be driving tourists away from Dubai in droves. Yet most of you are out there receiving tax-free salaries for building a TOURIST infrastructure in Dubai. Yet when potential tourists to the country enter an OBVIOUS forum named DubaiForums, which one would expect to discuss all aspects, not to be a personal club, one is met by rudeness and personal abuse. Is the heat getting to you ,or something?
Without millions of tourists ,Dubai is finished!! Where will you go than? Back to the UK ,to which you're not contributing?
I should imagine that thousands of potential tourists to Dubai will be reading this forum. It is the INTERNET after all, so it should be international. So much for your welcome!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
Bunnu
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 20, 2008
http://www.dubai.ae/en.portal
every govt dubai in one website
Bunnu
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 20, 2008
Bunnu
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 20, 2008
traveller wrote:Reviewer. That's because that was the site I found when I made a gold enquiry on Google UK. People like you must be driving tourists away from Dubai in droves. Yet most of you are out there receiving tax-free salaries for building a TOURIST infrastructure in Dubai. Yet when potential tourists to the country enter an OBVIOUS forum named DubaiForums, which one would expect to discuss all aspects, not to be a personal club, one is met by rudeness and personal abuse. Is the heat getting to you ,or something?
Without millions of tourists ,Dubai is finished!! Where will you go than? Back to the UK ,to which you're not contributing?
I should imagine that thousands of potential tourists to Dubai will be reading this forum. It is the INTERNET after all, so it should be international. So much for your welcome!

You seem to have a real issue with people here not paying tax. Just remember that many of us are here from the UK being paid a tax free salary but also continue to pay our national insurance contributions.

Seems like a case of sour grapes to me. We are not all involved with building a tourist trade for Dubai. Dubai is an international business hub for the middle east. The majority of us are here as global companies open an office in the middle east and Dubai is the strategic location.

Trust me - the day when all chavs in the UK come over to Dubai with their buckets and spades is the day I leave. I'm all for tourism but just because we live and work here doesn't mean we are building a tourist trade. The Dubai government is doing this.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2008
Come off it, XP clone, I was not even addressing you! It was another person who picked on me. You were on another thread moaning about something. Now you have rudely butted in.
Even if you are not DIRECTLY involved in Dubai tourism and are in the company/financial field, your company is INDIRECTLY making money out this tourism, because all the housing is being built to house tourists or second homes for the rich of the world.......aka TOURISM!!
The people involved with the shopping malls, airports, finance, housing, Palms , Burj Dubai etc etc etc are ALL involved with tourism ,directly or indirectly, once the oil runs out.
If some of you think this web site is a little private club, you could not be more wrong. The INTERNET is INTERNATIONAL NETWORK and since the title is a straightforward Dubai forums, anyone in the world interested in Dubai is going to have a look. What is YOUR problem? Don't tell me you are not there to avoid paying tax.
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
I can assure you I have not moaned about anything in my posts.

As I have stated in my other responses to you - not only is your response retarded but you are too. Your comment:

" Even if you are not DIRECTLY involved in Dubai tourism and are in the company/financial field, your company is INDIRECTLY making money out this tourism, because all the housing is being built to house tourists or second homes for the rich of the world.......aka TOURISM!! "

This doesn't even make sense? I would love to understand how my company is making money from this. We have nothing to do with tourism.

And as you asked - my problem is you! Plugging that website in every post you made. Its good to see that you have now stopped. Now we just have to see if you contribute anything worth reading to this forum. My money (all tax free) is betting on that you won't.

Have a wonderful day!
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2008
XP Clone,
Check again where your company is making money!! Even companies selling OIL to airline companies and cars , are making money INDIRECTLY from tourism.
The financial sector is heavily involved ....at the end of the day, in housing, hotels, airports, palms , high-rise buildings........ALL coming back to tourism somewhere down the line !
What sort of product, financial or otherwise, do you deal in then ? The "retard" you are talking to is a millionaire running three businesses............and paying his taxes in the UK !
Twll din pob Sais.....neu ambell i un!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
XP Clone,
Check again where your company is making money!! Even companies selling OIL to airline companies and cars , are making money INDIRECTLY from tourism.
The financial sector is heavily involved ....at the end of the day, in housing, hotels, airports, palms , high-rise buildings........ALL coming back to tourism somewhere down the line !
What sort of product, financial or otherwise, do you deal in then ? The "retard" you are talking to is a millionaire running three businesses............and paying his taxes in the UK !
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
XP Clone,
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
mmm - yeah I checked again and I can confirm that my company does not make money from tourism.

If Dubai didn't have tourism then my company would still make money.

I see you felt the need to post this 3 times? Oh just for your reference - this is an English speaking forum. Please do not post your little welsh phrases here or even 3 times.

Maybe you could spend some of your millions on learning how to use a forum properly. Keep trying though - nearly there!
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2008
XP clone,
That's rich ,coming from you! You are telling ME how to use a forum correctly, yet you:-
[1] Stuck your nose into a conversation that was NOTHING to do with you,because you had not been addressed!
[2] Was extremely RUDE to a stranger,whom you knew nothing about!
Pots and kettles come to mind....but you insulted ME first, so you need to learn civilised behaviour, not hide behind a pseudonym !
Why don't you NAME your company, so we can judge if there is an eventual link to tourism? Of course you won't, because you don't have the GUTS! You can only whinge anonymously , whilst sucking up to your bosses in work.
Go on! Write a letter to the Daily Mail, WITH full name and address, saying that the day "British chavs" come to Dubai, is the day you are leaving. You do not have the spine to do that, because the Arab overseers will have you out of the country on your ear!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
traveller wrote:Reviewer. That's because that was the site I found when I made a gold enquiry on Google UK. People like you must be driving tourists away from Dubai in droves. Yet most of you are out there receiving tax-free salaries for building a TOURIST infrastructure in Dubai. Yet when potential tourists to the country enter an OBVIOUS forum named DubaiForums, which one would expect to discuss all aspects, not to be a personal club, one is met by rudeness and personal abuse. Is the heat getting to you ,or something?

I'm baffled as to how you find my response rude, abusive....

reviewer wrote:
Why dont you try to google Dubai only and see what comes up....it will give the most informative site for Dubai...like time out dubai...etc...

Im really surprised as how can you call that abusive..arent you being out of line yourself...

I dont see any more reason to engage you in any of your blabber....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 20, 2008
traveller wrote:XP clone,
That's rich ,coming from you! You are telling ME how to use a forum correctly, yet you:-
[1] Stuck your nose into a conversation that was NOTHING to do with you,because you had not been addressed!
[2] Was extremely RUDE to a stranger,whom you knew nothing about!
Pots and kettles come to mind....but you insulted ME first, so you need to learn civilised behaviour, not hide behind a pseudonym !
Why don't you NAME your company, so we can judge if there is an eventual link to tourism? Of course you won't, because you don't have the GUTS! You can only whinge anonymously , whilst sucking up to your bosses in work.
Go on! Write a letter to the Daily Mail, WITH full name and address, saying that the day "British chavs" come to Dubai, is the day you are leaving. You do not have the spine to do that, because the Arab overseers will have you out of the country on your ear!

You really are quite odd?
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2008
this is better entertainment than the TV :lol:

Traveller your key words are:

souk, google, tourism, .co.uk, tax and bullshit

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 21, 2008
XP clone,
I'm not odd at all. You are the BIGOT who referred to "British chavs".
As I said! Don't HIDE on here....anonymously.
Be a MAN and say the same thing in a letter to a London newspaper , with your FULL name and address attached. I'm not odd....but you are clearly a BIGOTED COWARD!!

The remark I made to Reviewer about rudeness was actually meant for you.
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2008
see other thread re Swansea Chavs

arniegang

Apr 21, 2008
Arniegang,
........And your anti-Welsh racism re sheepsha**ers !!
That will be reported to the Western Mail [Nat newspaper of Wales] ,with this web-site address.
The South Wales Evening Post in Swansea will also have that one!!
Go on .....say the same thing on www.thisissouthwales.co.uk ,the web-site of the Evening Post!!
Gutless people like you never have the bottle to come out into the open!
You stay under your rock!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2008
Go away you moronic little man!! Chavs are everywhere in the UK - just not in Dubai and many other places. Nobody likes them.

I'm sure the local press in Wales will be running this on their front pages - not! I can see the headlines now: DUBAI FORUMS SAY ALL WELSH PEOPLE SHAG SHEEP SENSATION!!!

I'd love to listen in on the call when you go and tell tales to them. They will laugh you away and call you a loser. I was actually born in Wales - Swansea to be precise in Mount Pleasant hospital. I was called a sheep shagger at school and it never bothered me. I'm sure the welsh will be fuming when they read your comments.

You have now been promoted to a retarded loser. :roll:
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 21, 2008
the next headline in 7 Days may be

Mad Welshman deported after s.e.x.u.a.l incident involving a camel and a stepladder.

The judge at the court of the First Instance today deported a Welshman for having an improper relation with a camel.

His council was unable to offer any evidence or defense because Mr T could only keep saying the same words to him. All he could say was "search gold souk on google"
arniegang

Apr 21, 2008
XP Clone,
Classic!! You were born a Swansea Jack and your mate, Arniegang has been racist about Swansea people and the Welsh generally !!
That is truly CLASSIC!!
So did you go out to Dubai for the camels then, as your mates imply?
Or do the camels give you the hump?
I can't stop laughing!!
As for the Press; you're not very bright, are you?
It takes 10 minutes to write a letter stating the Anti Welsh racism , plus the rest of the insults, on this site .......and another 15 minutes to send it 25 Welsh newspapers , with this forum address and thread.
Then it takes another 20 minutes to write to dubaitourism.ae ; Nakheel; Emaar; Jumeirah Holdings; Dubai World Trade Centre, Sheikh Zayed Rd[ I've been in ALL those offices] and the UAE Embassy in London, referring them to the VILE insults on this site! They are DESPERATE for UK property buyers!!
I should imagine that Etisalat can trace you through your computer, plus the racist/insulting remarks of your mates.They watch Dubai postings.
I told you I was a Press writer and I was grossly insulted for my pains. I correspond regularly with Christopher Booker of the Sunday Telegraph and Geoffrey Levy of the Daily Mail.
OF COURSE, it is not a FRONT page story, but the LETTERS pages in Wales love to print any anti-Welsh stuff. See my other postings on this.
You could have hundreds from Wales homing in on this site!!
Imagine ... Rhondda Leader; Cynon Valley Leader; South Wales Evening Post ; Western Mail ; Carmarthen Journal ; Liverpool Daily Post; South Wales Echo ; South Wales Argus ; Glamorgan Gazette ; Llanelli Star ; Cynon Valley Leader ; Brecon and Radnor Express ; Cambrian News ; Mid Wales Journal etc etc .......and GULF NEWS!!!
CHECK THEIR WEB-SITE LETTERS PAGES SHORTLY !!!
DON'T WORRY , MANY OF THE READERS WILL COME TO YOU ON THIS SITE !!
YOU'VE PICKED ON THE WRONG GUY!! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE CALLING A RETARD AND A MORON?
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2008
Arniegang,
You are not even logical!!
XP Clone......your mate.....is the Welshman aka "Swansea Chav" with access to camels !!!
So , is the man soon to be deported from Dubai Mr XP ?
Big Brother works for Etisalat, didn't you know?

Mr T is nowhere near Dubai.......so how can HE be deported ?
Get real!! Stop smoking the hash!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2008
the Welsh obviously have problems with the concept of sarcasm

bahhhhhhhhhhhh bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mint sauce

arniegang

Apr 21, 2008
Dear Retarded and Moronic Mad Welshman

Does this face look worried ??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please keep posting you are a gem :roll:

Regards

A really really really woried person NOT
arniegang

Apr 21, 2008
How do you know whether or not Arab businessmen are behind the plugging of "Dubai gold souk" on the internet? How do you know who is ULTIMATELY behind visit-uae.co.uk and
visit-dubai.co.uk
Maybe certain people want more marketing ?
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai