Contact Lenses

Topic locked
Contact Lenses Jan 03, 2007
ok maybe a long shot but does anyone wear "proclear" soft contact lenses? made by cooper vision??

Run out of the supply i brought over with me - and there are 50 buzzilion eye stores in the city dont know where to start looking for them.

I have had different brands in the past which my eyes didnt like, so wary of chaging brands....

Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Contact Lenses and a Good Optometrist Apr 03, 2007
Hi All

Just bumping this up as didnt get a reply last time!

Am on my last pair of contacts now so really need to get out and get a new supply.

Normally get my eyes tested again before buying a new lot, can anyone recommend a good optometrist?

Used some dodgy ones in the past that completely screwed up my prescription - and as i can't really see much past the end of my nose without them in this is really important.

I live near Wafi, and work up on SZR near emirates towers so anything in that vicintity would be great!

Thanks!
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 03, 2007
I went to the Optometrist at the "Pearl Vision" center or something like that at Ibn Battuta mall. He was good and I have had no trouble with my glasses. Don't know his name but he is indian (wears the wrap on his head with the knob) - Seik maybe. He is also youngish so he is up-to-date on the technology etc. The exam he gave me was very thorough and he seemed very knowledgeable. I would never go into a mall optometrist back home but did here. Unless your prescription is really high or you have someo other problems there isn't much to screw up...

Frankly Optometrists don't do much - the machines do it all nowadays. Trust me, my cousin is one back home and he is an idiot!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2007
concord wrote:Frankly Optometrists don't do much - the machines do it all nowadays. Trust me, my cousin is one back home and he is an idiot!

hahaha - you would be surprised! I have had to go back a couple of times over the years when they were just a bit slack, and when i turned up to pick up my glasses and/or contacts they were waaay off.

Anyway, will give one of the ones in the mall a try, will report back here for others.
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 28, 2007
Just in case anyone else is on the look out for the proclear contacts i was in Grand Optics at festival city yesterday and they guy there has ordered me a few boxes.

I am sure other stores would be able to do the same if you asked.
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai