Finding A Date In Dubai

Topic locked
Finding a date in Dubai Jun 04, 2005
Ok here's a question for you!

In a few magazines recently they been looking into the topic of dating agencies, which we all know are illegal here.

But how come it's OK to go out to a club/bar every night of the week to find free and easy people for no strings attached fun, yet you can't meet people in a civilised environment, where people are looking for a more committed, long term thing.

And yet you also have marriage agencies.

Interested to hear you views.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 04, 2005
It seems hard to meet females, at least in Abu Dhabi. THey permanantly have their defenses up, but I understand why. Lot of the guys here are completely rude and it make females stay on guard. I have been trying to find a way to break the ice, but to no avail. Plus most of the girls in the clubs are for sale anyway, so that gives women who arent a bad image.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Re: Finding a date in Dubai Jun 04, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:But how come it's OK to go out to a club/bar every night of the week to find free and easy people for no strings attached fun, yet you can't meet people in a civilised environment, where people are looking for a more committed, long term thing.

Sadly I have to disagree. There are not too many single ladies in nightclubs who are not for sale in Dubai. It's a sad fact, but true. others are already with partners!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Finding a date in Dubai Jun 05, 2005
yorky500 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:But how come it's OK to go out to a club/bar every night of the week to find free and easy people for no strings attached fun, yet you can't meet people in a civilised environment, where people are looking for a more committed, long term thing.

Sadly I have to disagree. There are not too many single ladies in nightclubs who are not for sale in Dubai. It's a sad fact, but true. others are already with partners!

Well if u dye ur hair and put on some botox or plastic surgery u can get em :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2005
It is hard to portray yourself as a nice guy, when soooooo many dudes here act like arse's. I never seek out to play a girl, at first :wink:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 15, 2005
Hmm agree in entirety with you choc...Not everyone is looking for something based on a bump and grind encounter in a club, most of the time when both parties are not in their senses..for that matter even the conversations you have at bars/clubs are under the same influence, and as a result coquettish and flirty...where does one go if they want to find out they can have deep meaningful conversations with someone? But then again its always been the case that deep relationships are borne out of superficial introductions....still I'd like to personally see a more civilised environment meself

I think its just another side of the itinerant culture here, everyone's leading transitory temporary lives here...that's why they prefer to lead a life of anonymous dalliances....I think there are a lot of lonely people here as a result
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 15, 2005
Very true Nik, there are many lonely people, so many of my girlfriends are always complaning about the lack of genuine, sincere guys around here!

Personally I've found the best way to meet people is through friends and their wider circle of friends, that's how I met my last two boyf's here. Nice environment, normally a dinner, BBQ, wine bar, a decent social gathering that doesn't attract the idiots. Good conversations, some great company, trust your friends to bring their decent mates, preferably single, and off you go.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 15, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Very true Nik, there are many lonely people, so many of my girlfriends are always complaning about the lack of genuine, sincere guys around here!

Personally I've found the best way to meet people is through friends and their wider circle of friends, that's how I met my last two boyf's here. Nice environment, normally a dinner, BBQ, wine bar, a decent social gathering that doesn't attract the idiots. Good conversations, some great company, trust your friends to bring their decent mates, preferably single, and off you go.

Ok Choco r u male or mademoiselle? Plz make ot clear. Anywayz u were right only way u can get trusted friends is through network or connections. I myself have "humorous group friends" and "nerd group of friends". The former I go if I am low and need to cheer up and the latter yes with academic stuffs. And it takes time to build up trust and confidence that you could count on them in the time of the need.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 15, 2005
Wow never expected replies at 6am....seems apart from lonely people, dubai also has a lot of insomniac people :)

Well I'd like to think that there are many genuine sincere people around, just that they never get to demonstrate their sincerity...I suppose the environments you talk about would be conducive...as for trust your friends, well thats another facet of Dubai syndrome : people have way too many acquaintances and not enough true friends who would look out for them like that...I don't mean to generalize though, sort of speakin from personal experience

Still I think that even if one had to filter through people at a large gathering, its not so bad as long as you can fathom the other person on the right criteria, that just doesn't happen in bars/clubs...but it could be possible at other venues such as cafes, art galleries, music recitals, stuff like that...just I guess people don't interact as much at places like that over here...there should be more places where minds can meet..

lol ok I better get off my soapbox now :P you must forgive an over enthusiastic newbie who really should get to bed

Take care folks,
Nik
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 29, 2005
i dont know what it is with me, or my personality or whatever it may be...but whenever i go out with a girl, i fall into this category of a 'friend'...and then, once you have entered that area, its nearly impossible to get out and become more then friends without it being awkward. thats happened to the last 3 girls ive met who i was interested in as something more...what do you guys make of that?

aside from that, finding a date out here really is difficult. If you try to approach a girl outside of a club or bar, they automatically ignore or shoot u down before even getting a word out. also, a lot of the girls ive noticed in clubs or bars, are so materialistic. They focus only on what car you drive, what clothes you wear, and what kind of watch you have on your wrist. I dont know if its just this area of the world, Im coming from the states where its the complete opposite...where the women are, excuse the term, 'normal', such as liking a person for his personality..rather than his bank account. Where the girls will respond to you if approached in a mall, or cafe, or anywhere else...

I dont know, ive been out for some time now, and ive had a couple of girlfriends, but nothing that actually went somewhere...so, i had some things to get off my chest...hope noone takes offence

Let me know what you people think...
Flawless
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 29, 2005
Flawless wrote:i dont know what it is with me, or my personality or whatever it may be...but whenever i go out with a girl, i fall into this category of a 'friend'...and then, once you have entered that area, its nearly impossible to get out and become more then friends without it being awkward. thats happened to the last 3 girls ive met who i was interested in as something more...what do you guys make of that?

aside from that, finding a date out here really is difficult. If you try to approach a girl outside of a club or bar, they automatically ignore or shoot u down before even getting a word out. also, a lot of the girls ive noticed in clubs or bars, are so materialistic. They focus only on what car you drive, what clothes you wear, and what kind of watch you have on your wrist. I dont know if its just this area of the world, Im coming from the states where its the complete opposite...where the women are, excuse the term, 'normal', such as liking a person for his personality..rather than his bank account. Where the girls will respond to you if approached in a mall, or cafe, or anywhere else...

I dont know, ive been out for some time now, and ive had a couple of girlfriends, but nothing that actually went somewhere...so, i had some things to get off my chest...hope noone takes offence

Let me know what you people think...

1. stop trying to meet girls in bars/clubs ;) If i'm approached at a club, I most likely wouldn't feel too comfortable.. people are usually looking for one thing there, and it's not a relationship :roll:

Probably best to meet through a wider circle of friends- why not have a wee house party?
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 29, 2005
Sniper420 has pee parties.... That way there is always something on tap :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 29, 2005
Liban wrote:Sniper420 has pee parties.... That way there is always something on tap :lol:

u r right Liban , in pee parties I get ppl like Liban and pee in their mouth and they gaggle my urine and throw em in washrooms. I am feeling sick now. :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 29, 2005
I see you are projecting again....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 29, 2005
Liban wrote:I see you are projecting again....

Aha there u go, Liban's mouth drooling for pee party .kekeke :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 29, 2005
Yes and your grasp of english is just so refreshing...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

re: girls... Aug 01, 2005
you are right! we have the same situation!
SKY
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 06, 2005
but see choc ... those ladies in the club are not really sinlge chicks who just want to have a bang thank you man, kinda thing ... they do come with a price tag ... and STD.. ... and we cant really call that dating ... cause the term ... meat shopping would be a more appropriate term for it ....

now the reason i think why they block dating sites are.point A) its an islamic country, naturaly they cant have these things available .. online because kids might access it .. where in bars ... not so many kids gets to go .. and point 2 ... since dubai have noticed that they cant really controll protitution here in UAE .. well some dating site are just a front for prostitution anyway ... so they thought block the damn thing .. because its better to block internet sites cause they are not making money out of it ... while in clubs.... they ARE Making HUGE money out of it .. and no one likes to admit this but this is true ... prostitution now is also a form of tourist entertainment in dubai ... cause when i was playing in malaysia ... i heard some datuks (shiek in Arab term) talk about dubai like this " Go to Dubai .. Its like a Mixed tiger Salad .. they come in all Shapes, race, Sizes and Prices.." ..
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 07, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:but see choc ... those ladies in the club are not really sinlge chicks who just want to have a bang thank you man, kinda thing ... they do come with a price tag ... and STD.. ... . . . . .
. . . . .
. . .... while in clubs.... they ARE Making HUGE money out of it .. and no one likes to admit this but this is true ... prostitution now is also a form of tourist entertainment in dubai ... cause when i was playing in malaysia ... i heard some datuks (shiek in Arab term) talk about dubai like this " Go to Dubai .. Its like a Mixed tiger Salad .. they come in all Shapes, race, Sizes and Prices.." ..

don't you think it's true??
thezhl
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 07, 2005
thezhl wrote:
mAJOR pAIN wrote:but see choc ... those ladies in the club are not really sinlge chicks who just want to have a bang thank you man, kinda thing ... they do come with a price tag ... and STD.. ... . . . . .
. . . . .
. . .... while in clubs.... they ARE Making HUGE money out of it .. and no one likes to admit this but this is true ... prostitution now is also a form of tourist entertainment in dubai ... cause when i was playing in malaysia ... i heard some datuks (shiek in Arab term) talk about dubai like this " Go to Dubai .. Its like a Mixed tiger Salad .. they come in all Shapes, race, Sizes and Prices.." ..

don't you think it's true??

honestly i dont know .... because it all depends on what clubs and bars you go to anyway ... well i go to Sho Chos... Left Bank... Scarlett... and some Filipino Live Band Clubs ... and on those places ... i didnt get too see any meat trade ... its either there are none there or .... its basically im not just buying .... but we all know that that kind of shit happens here in dubai ... and yes it might be one of the reasons why .. in a way they are keeping an eye closed regarding this matter ... but since .... prostitution has been virtually legal in UAE the cases of rape and abduction actually drops... lets just say ... it gives some people outlets ... im not saying its right but hell thats how it is ... and knowing that dubai is a multi national country ... so basicallly we have diff nationality of Prostitute ... so the comment regarding they come in diff size shapes and race ... has a 80% of probability ...
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 07, 2005
Pimp'n aint easy............
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Re: Finding a date in Dubai Aug 09, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Ok here's a question for you!

In a few magazines recently they been looking into the topic of dating agencies, which we all know are illegal here.

But how come it's OK to go out to a club/bar every night of the week to find free and easy people for no strings attached fun, yet you can't meet people in a civilised environment, where people are looking for a more committed, long term thing.

u know what, the first time i saw bride/groom wanted in the newspaper made me wonder if they're really serious of finding one and if there are any people responding to that ad?

if these kind of advertisement is being allowed, how come dating agencies are not? and can someone explain to me "open city"?
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 09, 2005
I don't really understand the 'open city' thing either, but the marriage agencies I think are a little silly. You can advertise for a wife/husband and get married to a virtual stranger, and yet not advertise just to share some quality time with, someone to get to know, seems really weird to me.

Also Majorpain, the prostitution in the city is sadly certainly not part of the tourist scene, it's people alot closer to the heart that keep it going. Someone's got to be making money off the back of it, that's the only way I can see it being tolerated.
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 09, 2005
ME!!!! Pimps Up, Hoes Down!!!! :D
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Aug 16, 2005
I am not too sure if it's legal, but I will say it is almost everywhere!! your options are endless!!! :shock:
Yippy_69
Dubai Forum User

Re: Finding a date in Dubai Aug 16, 2005

Hi Chocoholic,

What magazines had the article in it?

There has been two single groups in Dubai, one is no longer around and the other, I think has also gone to the wayside. I have to agree with everyone else here that there are marriage agencies, so why can't there be dating agencies? :? Now what I find really interesting is that I have seem a dating site (catering to DESI) advertise on some of the buses here in Dubai but sites like Match.com is proxied!?

But at least we have this forum to chat and potently meet people and it is not proxied out, for now.
stainless
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2005
I dont know about anyone else, but I dont think I have ever seen any indian prostitutes :roll: You see Russian, Asian, and Ethiopians all the time.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Aug 17, 2005
Hey Stainless,

The article was in VIVA magazine a few months back and also I think 7 days has done a bit on the topic.

What suprises me is many of the 'straight' dating agencies are blocked by Etisalat but if you're gay, they're all there to be checked out! Double standards or what, don't know what that's all about.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Finding a date in Dubai Aug 17, 2005

Hi

Well the difference is that more often than not people in bars have not been medically examined-visit visa ?
It is the right time and dates are in season...try the ones that have around in UAE for more than a year...the dates are harvested every year you know ...

Rgds

Leo
execsearch

Aug 17, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Hey Stainless,

The article was in VIVA magazine a few months back and also I think 7 days has done a bit on the topic.

What suprises me is many of the 'straight' dating agencies are blocked by Etisalat but if you're gay, they're all there to be checked out! Double standards or what, don't know what that's all about.

stainless gay ??? im confused !??? hahahahahah dude you sure that was a girl you tryin to hook up with at spineys??? haha funny you wanna tell us something ... dude?
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance